The Lotus Cars Community banner
  • Hi there! Why not register as a user to enjoy all of the benefits of the site? You may register here. When you register, please pick a username that is non-commercial. If you use a name that appears on any search engine commercially, you must pick another name, whether it applies to you or not. Commercial usernames are for supporting vendor use only. If you want to become a supporting vendor and grow your business, please follow this link. Thanks!

Los Angeles Update 11/11

3K views 29 replies 13 participants last post by  shay2nak 
#1 ·
Cars delivered last week.................0
Cars in "prep"..................................0
Cars on schedule for next week......0
Los Angeles city dealerships............0
Los Angeles county dealerships.......0
Confirmed build dates......................0

and yes, this is even starting to bore me.

Discussion starter · #6 ·
Adamant...

Some California cars are delivered, just less than eastern cars. There was a post about a week ago that three SF Bay area dealers had gotten a combined 25 cars, in comparison to one Chicago dealer getting 40+. My post just states that there are no Los Angeles cars delivered not California cars, because there is no dealer in Los Angeles.

JML...

I quibble with your quibble. No address equates to no dealer. Try and put a deposit down at Symbolic Bev Hills, or pick your car up there.

Steve

Discussion starter · #10 · (Edited)
jml1952 said:

Rather than driving 40 miles into BH to pick up my car, I will be taking the train to San Diego to pick up my car in La Jolla (my wife does not seem interested in a 400 mile roundtrip to drop me off to get the car). Fortunately, servicing is available 3 miles away at Silver Star.

So Steve, is one of your deposits with Symbolic and do you have any estimate of when you might get a car??
You know that Bev Hills is closed, for 7 months or so I think. Picking up your car there is not an option, that was my point. Your plan with the train sounds great.

My deposits....

Silver Star. Sept 2003 (no order yet)

Steve Harris. Sept 2003 ordered March 2004 Steve Harris
has been told the remander of their first 20 will be built in December. I'm #25 so who knows. It seems Steve Harris
sold a grand total of 2 Esprit. They have thusfar been give 5 Elise.

South Bay BMW will probably get a deposit check as well IF they
really become a dealer. Now if Lotus allocates based on Esprit sales then South Bay should get how many cars ? Based on the Steve Harris allocation of 2 1/2 times the Esprit sales then South Bay should get 2 1/2 times Zero. :rolleyes:

Steve

Discussion starter · #13 ·
rob said:
Symbolic in Thousand Oaks no longer exists?
It never did. Silver Star is in Thousand Oaks.

Steve

Discussion starter · #19 ·
As a matter of fact. I just got called by Silver Star to place my order. Alexander said they've deliverd 10 so far.

Steve

Discussion starter · #24 ·
jml1952 said:

I'm just giving Steve a hard time. Been there, done that.

Plus, the absence of an LA dealer is only partly true. Symbolic now is delivering cars to LA deposit holders at MSRP. So the fact that they are not physically located in Los Angeles hardly seems all that significant.
Hard times are welcome :) but 14 months doesn't feel like a late comer. At any rate I don't understand How lack of an LA dealer can be partly true. Thats like being sort of pregnant. Either a dealership has an LA address or they don't. In this case they clearly don't. There is NOT A SINGLE PLACE in LA to go look at, or order a car. The only place in LA to place a deposit for the past year has been Galpin, and we all know how that worked out. The fact that Symbolic may finally be starting to deliver cars to some people who ordered way back when they were an LA dealer doesn't change that. Just where is the LA showroom ?

Steve

Discussion starter · #25 ·
Wow, This has been my best LA update yet. I added the line about confirmed build dates ZERO. I wonder if thats what got all the responses ?

I hope to be able to end this series soon with a link to the Lotus
website dealer list that has an actual dealer name on it.

Steve

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.