The Lotus Cars Community banner
  • Hi there! Why not register as a user to enjoy all of the benefits of the site? You may register here. When you register, please pick a username that is non-commercial. If you use a name that appears on any search engine commercially, you must pick another name, whether it applies to you or not. Commercial usernames are for supporting vendor use only. If you want to become a supporting vendor and grow your business, please follow this link. Thanks!
21 - 30 of 30 Posts
Let's not forget that Steve didn't even place a deposit until September 2003. He has earned the right to gripe a little bit, but hardly deserves to join the fine whine club just yet. :D

I will have waited almost 22 months by the time my car arrives in a few weeks. At one time, I projected that I would get my car in August, July if I was lucky. Hah!

jml,
surprisingly your criticising other people for complaining when that's all you been doing for the last months and months...... funny how your perspective seems to have changed since confirm of your car arriving.

But then I'm just a "Lotus cheerleader" so doesn't mean much anyway:D

Chris

zvezdah1 said:
jml,
surprisingly your criticising other people for complaining when that's all you been doing for the last months and months...... funny how your perspective seems to have changed since confirm of your car arriving.

But then I'm just a "Lotus cheerleader" so doesn't mean much anyway:D

Chris
I don't think that my perspective has changed all that much yet, Chris. Perhaps after I actually drive my car for the first time that feeling of nirvana will overcome my usual cynicism.

I'm just giving Steve a hard time. Been there, done that.

Given that he arrived at the party a bit late, I find it amusing that he already has sunk so far into despair. Guys like Shinoo and Mikester, who also placed deposits in January 03, are still waiting for their cars. People who placed late deposits should not be surprised that they are still waiting for their cars. And if you can't wait, several reasonable opportunities to grab a car now are presenting themselves.

Plus, the absence of an LA dealer is only partly true. Symbolic now is delivering cars to LA deposit holders at MSRP. So the fact that they are not physically located in Los Angeles hardly seems all that significant. I'm not totally pleased with how Symbolic handled everything, but they were pretty upfront about most things. And at least their attitude towards the car has been a lot better than the bozos at Silver Star, who sold their so-called demo in September for $11,000 over MSRP (unverified rumor).

Discussion starter · #24 ·
jml1952 said:

I'm just giving Steve a hard time. Been there, done that.

Plus, the absence of an LA dealer is only partly true. Symbolic now is delivering cars to LA deposit holders at MSRP. So the fact that they are not physically located in Los Angeles hardly seems all that significant.
Hard times are welcome :) but 14 months doesn't feel like a late comer. At any rate I don't understand How lack of an LA dealer can be partly true. Thats like being sort of pregnant. Either a dealership has an LA address or they don't. In this case they clearly don't. There is NOT A SINGLE PLACE in LA to go look at, or order a car. The only place in LA to place a deposit for the past year has been Galpin, and we all know how that worked out. The fact that Symbolic may finally be starting to deliver cars to some people who ordered way back when they were an LA dealer doesn't change that. Just where is the LA showroom ?

Steve

Discussion starter · #25 ·
Wow, This has been my best LA update yet. I added the line about confirmed build dates ZERO. I wonder if thats what got all the responses ?

I hope to be able to end this series soon with a link to the Lotus
website dealer list that has an actual dealer name on it.

Steve

Last night, Silver Star had a red w/touring and a dark green w/LSS waiting to be delivered. My friend got the call that his is at port and I'm the next in line on the list.

So things are starting to move again......

420HP said:
Last night, Silver Star had a red w/touring and a dark green w/LSS waiting to be delivered. My friend got the call that his is at port and I'm the next in line on the list.

So things are starting to move again......
Hi Todd

How have you been? Any word on your Laser blue car?

Ara

420HP said:
Talked to dealer today and they estimated a Dec 20th delivery.

One more month!
Great news!!! I was talking to Judy today and she said a Laser car is coming in very soon, but unfortunately it wasn't you. I forgot his name, but it's an Asian guy. She was saying the ports are slowing the whole **** for the west coast. Last month, I think, she said they were supposed to get 11 cars but they only got 2! She went on to say that it would take the ships 1 MONTH just to dock to unload the cars because of a labor dispute.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.