Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cars delivered last week.........0
Cars scheduled this week........0
L.A. city dealerships.................0
L.A. county dealerships............0

Good news though....

0% financing will continue till further notice.

Steve

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
Also here that all the Elises bought throught the L.A. dealership will continue to have free mantainence until further notice. :)

Seriously, what's going on in LA? What happen to Galpin? I always thought the LA market would be one of the strongest.

·
Super Moderator
6,819 Posts
That's very surprising to me too. It's the same thing with MV Agusta. I'd assume that LA would be their biggest market, but until recently they didn't have an official dealer there. LA has probably the best combination of money, weather, and driving roads in the country, so you'd think it would be the first market an exclusive sports car/bike brand would target.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
JWA said:
That's very surprising to me too. It's the same thing with MV Agusta. I'd assume that LA would be their biggest market, but until recently they didn't have an official dealer there. LA has probably the best combination of money, weather, and driving roads in the country, so you'd think it would be the first market an exclusive sports car/bike brand would target.
Anyone applying logic would think that. Seems John English does not use logic. He would rather cause resentments from customers in this wealthy year round market, and send the pathetically small annual output of cars to markets where they can spend the upcoming months locked away in garages.

Steve

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Sownman said:
Anyone applying logic would think that. Seems John English does not use logic. He would rather cause resentments from customers in this wealthy year round market, and send the pathetically small annual output of cars to markets where they can spend the upcoming months locked away in garages.

Steve
Perhaps his logic was to get more cars out on the east coast while people can still drive them, knowing that west coast cars can be driven year-round.

Also, I tend to believe that deliveries to the west coast are backed up a little due to the extra shipping time and the delays getting into port because of the work slowdown.

August 4th - my car reportedly "in build"
October 13th - my car could be anywhere (no VIN, no ETA, no nothing).

Hoping my car arrives before the November 1st price increase. ;)

·
Registered
970 Posts
jml1952 said:
Perhaps his logic was to get more cars out on the east coast while people can still drive them, knowing that west coast cars can be driven year-round.

Also, I tend to believe that deliveries to the west coast are backed up a little due to the extra shipping time and the delays getting into port because of the work slowdown.

August 4th - my car reportedly "in build"
October 13th - my car could be anywhere (no VIN, no ETA, no nothing).

Hoping my car arrives before the November 1st price increase. ;)
will the msrp go up again on 11/1????. I think Galpin will have an answer either way by the end of month...owner sent pics of proposed shpwroom to John English recently.

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
Duke Hale, upon his taking over as head of Lotus USA, made it quite clear that he would work toward the building of a national network, even adding that the biggest surge of orders were coming from the Northeast. He knew that it would not be in the long range interest of Lotus to ignore this fact and, after allowing for the huge dealerships (nationwide) to command higher average allocations), it should be noted that most dealerships are rated in the the 'small' to 'medium' categories. When you state allocations can go from '10 to 140' and all you're producing is 2,200 cars annually, there can't be that many 'big boy' dealers. When the 'smoke clears' in a few months from now, California will benefit from the fact that they have more dealers in their state than anywhere else, but in most liklihood they 'too' will see individual dealer allocations 'on par'
with many other dealers 'nationally'.

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
mact3333 said:
will the msrp go up again on 11/1????. I think Galpin will have an answer either way by the end of month...owner sent pics of proposed shpwroom to John English recently.
That was a joke (I hope). But it's just a matter of time.

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
JWA said:
That's very surprising to me too. It's the same thing with MV Agusta.
Hi Josh. I also had MV Agusta in mind. But with them, I think they couldn't meet CA emission regulations, I think what also added to the problem was MV Agusta was short of cash to really do something to make the F4S CA legal (EVO III engine).

So with Lotus, I think the emission problems isn't an issue, and I'm hoping the cash problems won't apply to Lotus either.

Someone said the Northern California dealer was getting Elises. Arizona has gotten some as well. So, I don't think it's a West Coast issue.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts