The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OFFICIAL MID-ATLANTIC WHINE POST

Is this weather ever going to break? It seems like we've had an ice storm every week for the past month. Parts of the Dulles Toll road were solid white from road salt when I drove in yesterday. I've never seen a road caked with that much salt. Salt, sand, chips don't work well with my Elise, but I've been managing to get it out at least once a week anyway. Regardless, I get bored to death this time of the year. I guess I will start drinking early tonight and watch the episodes of American Idol I tivoed -- freakin pathetic! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
146 Posts
Spring begins in 27 days!

·
Registered
509 Posts
yeah same thing for ohio but at least i get to go to a car event soon in march with the detroit autorama knida cool mostly mucle cars but some of the finest hot rods in the biz are there

·
Registered
856 Posts
I have been driving my lotus ALMOST every day still.

It is GREAT prep for those wet track days ;)

However it is NO fun in the cold/wet. Especially on these super rutted roads. The car slips and slides in the ruts and it is not a very fun experience.

So +1 on the wish for warm days.

Dave

·
Banned
7,592 Posts
You are stuck in crappy weather and American Idol is your (tivo-ed at that) source of entertainment?

I say we put him on suicide watch!

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,687 Posts
Could be worse...........Could be Michigan.

·
Registered
413 Posts
irony: living in CA with great weather, having car at shop for two frrkn weeks.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
You should see how much salt they put down in my office parking lot. I drove the elise one day thinking all the rain woulda washed it away and all the roads were super clean. When I got there, it was like driving on a beach.

·
Registered
9,273 Posts
Here they put down a combination of small gravel and salt. When the salt eventually washes away, the small gravel remains and gets trapped in all the wheel wells, under the diffuser/access panel/etc., not to mention beating the crap out of the rockers. Last spring I took my leaf blower down my neighborhood streets to clean them of all the small gravel chunks.

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
whah, whah, whah. quit yer bitchin!

it could be worse... you could spend your weekdays in canada, where it snows anytime i even think about stepping foot on an airplane, and then when the workweek is over, return to this ice bowl we call the mid atlantic.

·
Registered
2,892 Posts

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
You gotta keep yourself busy Chris . . . 70 tons of gravel to move will do that.:eek:

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
No chance of driving here in Rochester NY, just have to wait another month or longer. :(

sucks getting only 4 to 5 months of good driving weather.. a year

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Here we are last week....Mid February in Southern California.
Muuaaah.....

(I'm sorry for pouring salt in the wounds..... the sun is cimbing up on the ecliptic, it stays light longer, spring is around the corner. Hang in there guys, for another month or so....)

--Hal

Attachments

·
Registered
855 Posts
Tomorrows actual forecast: 70 and sunny......
and the next day, and the day after and so on and so on.

That is why I moved out of NY back to AZ!!

Sorry for all of you in the cold, I know the misery, just couldn't take it anymore.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts