The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The man who built every almost Difflow diffuser out there passed away early this morning in his sleep. His name was Ole Field from Missoula, Montana. I once asked him how he builds such nice things, with such perfection.... and he told me that he builds everything as if he was building it for the Lord. He was an expert welder and artist, building many of the rustic Montana / western themed coat racks, tables, spiral staircases, weather vanes, houses, etc throughout Montana for the last 50 years out of his little shop in the backyard of his house.

Attachments

·
6.94915254 lbs/hp
1,989 Posts
Oh no! Terrible news! His diffusers were pieces of art! RIP!

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
I had the privilege of meeting Ole in person and he was an amazing man with a great heart and enjoyed life, from what I saw/gathered. I know his new place is better, so where I am sad for his loss...I am Jealous of what he is now enjoying. :)

·
Premium Member
5,633 Posts
Sorry to hear that bro, is great that you took time to honor and show appreciation for someone who helped you grow as a business man. I will go to my grave thinking the best craftsmanship on planet earth exists in the U.S. we just have lost our faith in it...

·
Registered
7,353 Posts
Was up under one of his custom made one of a kind pieces last evening. Rest in Peace.

·
shay2nak
25,133 Posts
Sorry about Ole Field. Looked like a cool guy.

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
Sorry to hear that. He built a great piece of kit. The art of craftsmanship is unfortunately, a lost art. We all see engineering in cars, etc, but as a fairly good woodworking, I've seen some unbelievable talent. It's amazing what the human being can do with passion, talent and dedication.

·
Registered
924 Posts
I'm very sorry to hear that. For those of us that only saw the end product, it's all too easy to take for granted the people responsible for such great craftsmanship. My thoughts and prayers are with his family and friends.

·
Cyberdyne Model 101
347 Posts
Sounds like he was one heck of a guy... I'm truly honored to have a piece of his work on my car!

·
Registered
978 Posts
RIP

That's some good advice Ole gave. Imagine if everyone did their work with the thought and attitude they were doing it for The Lord. That's probably the best way we could honor Ole.

·
Premium Member
601 Posts
Hey Glenn -

So sorry to hear of your loss.

I was lucky to meet Ole and he was a true gentleman who was oh so skilled and modest at the same time.

Rest in Peace.

dave

1 - 20 of 22 Posts