The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hiii everyone. Well I lost the keys my exige and were thinking my daughter tossed them in the trash. So ima have to get a new set of keys but I still wont be able to get in the car. It was locked with the fob and I wont be able to use a new fob unless I program a new one to the car which requires me to have the ignition key and be in the car. Is there any way to get in the car without having a fob set to the car???? thanks

·
Premium Member
1,328 Posts
Wow I feel ur pain! An elise easy exige no experience. Simeone will chime in though. Dont worry

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
6,937 Posts
hiii everyone. Well I lost the keys my exige and were thinking my daughter tossed them in the trash. So ima have to get a new set of keys but I still wont be able to get in the car. It was locked with the fob and I wont be able to use a new fob unless I program a new one to the car which requires me to have the ignition key and be in the car. Is there any way to get in the car without having a fob set to the car???? thanks
There is a method, however you are unknown on this forum and it would not be prudent to give out access information that easily.
First PM me your name.
Michael

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
eeek, 2 new users in 1 thread making there first post about getting into a locked car without keys...

very questionable

good on you SL for catching that as well... hopefully the OP is legit

·
Super Moderator
5,453 Posts
You can Call a local dealership. Provide your VIN number to the dealer. With this information the dealership can duplicate your key without using the original. Many dealerships that sell your vehicle's make and model, or have done so in the past, offer key duplication services.
There is a method, however you are unknown on this forum and it would not be prudent to give out access information that easily.
First PM me your name.
Michael
I think Maria's answer is the best here - call a dealer with proof of ownership and the VIN and they will cut you a new key, sell you a fob (although SirLotus can sell you one for a better price - it is a generic fob), and advise as to how you can get into your car.

·
Registered
686 Posts
If she threw them in the trash, why not just dig through the trash? Durr? Or I have a better idea, use your back-up set :)

·
Registered
76 Posts
Bumping an old post...

not asking how, just if it’s possible to get new keys for an exige sold without any. The doors are unlocked, but the (legit) seller has no key (bank repossessed/seized).

can a new key be obtained with proof of ownership or would it require new locks and ecu?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts