The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yup, I lost the location on this board for the TSB on the drain holes for AC for the Elise. Somebody please throw me a URL so I can tell my buddy. My car has been done, but his has not, and he would like to do it himself.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
is this already done to the 09 cars? my a/c leaves huge puddles when ever I park.

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
Of course its done on all new cars. This was a TSB for 2005's and ??2006. Just crawl under and look for the 4 holes. Maybe more sophisticated on the newer cars.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
ok good. gotta ask though... the elise has had the fast blinker problem since they came out with LED tail lights in 2006, so I don't have much faith in them fixing things.

·
Premium Member
2,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
173 Posts
my car had the TSB holes, but the resistors under the blower still failed. wouldn't hurt to jack one side of the car up to lean it to the right or left once in awhile to allow everything to drain

·
Premium Member
2,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
my car had the TSB holes, but the resistors under the blower still failed. wouldn't hurt to jack one side of the car up to lean it to the right or left once in awhile to allow everything to drain
What, cornering didn't do it?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Since my car is out of warranty, I guess I will drill the holes myself. The TSB says to "Protect the bare edges of the holes with ACF 50 solution (A117A0239S) or
other suitable product."

Any ideas on "suitable products" that can be more easily sourced locally?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts