The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know the easiest place/way to get another quickly? I know it's a Brembo system, and if I order from Lotus it will takes weeks or months. Anyone else have any ideas?

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Hi Jer,
The top bolt on the rear brakes is a M10 x 80, hex head bolt. You can get them at Ace or any big box home store.

I just had mine off over the weekend rebuilding the brakes. Nothing specific about the bolt even though it's a Brembo system.

The lower bolt is a socket head bolt, not the same as the top one.

Regards,
Wayne

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! I'll certainly stop at the Depot on the way home. Wish I had the length, but I can guess and then see when i get home. I can remove the other side then if i have to.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Thanks! I'll certainly stop at the Depot on the way home. Wish I had the length, but I can guess and then see when i get home. I can remove the other side.
The length is 80mm. That's what the "80" refers to in my description. M10 is the head size/thickness of the bolt.

Regards,
Wayne

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Turns out the bolt was at Home Depot. Note that my top bolts were standard 17MM heads, not allen head bolts. Also, they are 1.25. That was not previously given. If fit perfectly, and I've been driving Liz the last two days.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts