The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Lotus Driving Academy
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend John in the chrome orange Elise with BOE tune was incredibly fast for having an n/a car. Great day with great people. Thanks LOST :bow:

·
Sold my Exige S
930 Posts
Good on you for taking it to the track, but I cringed when I saw the time acceleration effect in the cockpit video. Pray the track rats don't see this or they'll have a field day.

The guy with the N/A tune threshold brakes and heel-toes. You'll easily shave off seconds when you discover what short braking zones these cars have.

·
Lotus Driving Academy
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good on you for taking it to the track, but I cringed when I saw the time acceleration effect in the cockpit video. Pray the track rats don't see this or they'll have a field day.

The guy with the N/A tune threshold brakes and heel-toes. You'll easily shave off seconds when you discover what short braking zones these cars have.
There is no effects in my video, the GoPro did however record in slo mo for some reason so with iMovie I set it to normal speed, so maybe that's why it looks funny. Yea it was my first time, John in the orange Elise is an amazing driver

·
German Reimport
2,953 Posts
What are you seing in that rearview mirror? Or is that to improve aero? :scratchhead:

·
Registered
40 Posts
That was a fun day. Glad you enjoyed it. You were driving a lot faster then I did my first track day. You should get back out on the track since your car is fixed. I wouldn't use the word amazing to describe my driving skills, but thanks. I still have so much to learn. The more seat time you get the faster you'll go.

I always have trouble sleeping the night before a track day. It's like Christmas eve when I was a kid.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
I posted this somewhere else too but I just wanted to say that I would like to try out Grandsport Speedway but for non-members they only seem to have a very few 1-day opportunities to visit every year. It is hard for me to justify driving almost 5hrs one way for a one day event. The odds of me being able to pair an adjoining day with another track within a few hours of GS is between slim and none.

I emailed GS last week expressing that I would love to visit and asked if they ever have or might in the future possibly consider a 2 day event for non-members. I never received a reply (yet). Boo-hiss! ;)

·
Lotus Driving Academy
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I posted this somewhere else too but I just wanted to say that I would like to try out Grandsport Speedway but for non-members they only seem to have a very few 1-day opportunities to visit every year. It is hard for me to justify driving almost 5hrs one way for a one day event. The odds of me being able to pair an adjoining day with another track within a few hours of GS is between slim and none.

I emailed GS last week expressing that I would love to visit and asked if they ever have or might in the future possibly consider a 2 day event for non-members. I never received a reply (yet). Boo-hiss! ;)
I have heard the owner can be a PITA. Don't know the guy, maybe someone else can enlighten you, but I wouldn't expect to hear back lol.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts