The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does somebody know how the rebound setting is adjusted on the BACK suspension (no knob on the bottom and can see on top)

Patricko ?

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
One adjustment is on the bottom of the shock and the other is on the remote reservoir (sp?)

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
One adjustment is on the bottom of the shock and the other is on the remote reservoir (sp?)
Thanks Patrick, but on mine their is no wheel/button on bottom of back shocks:shrug:, their is on the front however, should it be like on the front i.e. just under where the spring stops ? fwiw the dealer told me that front and back shocks where not the same...but was unable to show me where rebound was adjusted, this is puzzling, could they have been installed the wrong way up ?

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
Thanks Patrick, but on mine their is no wheel/button on bottom of back shocks:shrug:, their is on the front however, should it be like on the front i.e. just under where the spring stops ? fwiw the dealer told me that front and back shocks where not the same...but was unable to show me where rebound was adjusted, this is puzzling, could they have been installed the wrong way up ?
I am going to look at some pictures and see if I have any that will help.

Do you have a 2-Eleven? Where are you based?

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
The Ohlins on my 2-Eleven look similar to these but not exactly the same.

I have the black nob on the bottom of the shock and my remote reservoirs have a metal nob for adjustment.

The line from the remote should enter the shock at the top and the adjustment knob should be at the bottom.

Mine was the first car made and they may have changed some things in later builds so I am not sure how much help this will be.

While I was looking around I found this useful setup page on the Ohlins site.

http://www.ohlins.com/Automotive/Settingupyourcar/tabid/86/Default.aspx

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for taking the time Patricko,

I am in geneva, switzerland, and I brought one of the five 2-11 (road version) imported into switzerland, I havent taken delivery yet, cos its still going through the homologation process (should just be a question of time now, initially there was an issue with crash test, but thats been sorted) fyi out of the 5, 3 will be used on track(lotus challenge)/road, and two are becoming garage queens, go figure.

On the shocks, yes basically similar to your photo, except knobs are metal/golden on the canisters, and blue/black metal on the shocks body on the front, I just cant see them on the back...its weird

I will be at the motorshow sometime this week and will have a look on the Lotus display to see how they look on their 2-11...

Thanks again

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
Thanks for taking the time Patricko,
I will be at the motorshow sometime this week and will have a look on the Lotus display to see how they look on their 2-11...

Thanks again
I am here to help:)

If you can get some pictures of the hard cover and single seat screen that would be nice:up:

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ah got to remember to take a camera then... yeah that carbon body and tonneau cover look neat...and their was me promising myself to leave THIS car stock...oh well, looks like Il have to make a some more money then..

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
Ah got to remember to take a camera then... yeah that carbon body and tonneau cover look neat...and their was me promising myself to leave THIS car stock...oh well, looks like Il have to make a some more money then..
You and me both rotfl

If it is a Lotus Sport part it is still stock:D

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Not sure about the 4p AP, could be a case of overbreaking, had them on my speedster/vx220 and while great (nice to substantially outbrake porsches..) trake times were down until I found the bottle to brake even later versus the 2piston... and this car was heavier. Do you feel needed under racing condition Patrick ?

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes but for road use, depending on what you change, it has to be re-homologated over here....

·
Registered
7,002 Posts
I have the 2-11 shocks on my car, and they are double adjustable all the way around...

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I know, its weird, mebbe Im going blind, should have taken a picture. If you have time could you take a picture of the know on the shock body on the back ?

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
The adjustment is very close to the bottom of the spring and the CV joint boot could be blocking your view of it if you are looking from the back.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
hmm looks like I will check again, cos yes was looking from back, but couldnt evenfeel with hand, probably worrying about nothing.

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
hmm looks like I will check again, cos yes was looking from back, but couldnt evenfeel with hand, probably worrying about nothing.
I feel your pain.

These are the kinds of things we worry about before we are able to drive our cars.

After you are able to drive it you will not be thinking about these things:nanner2::shift:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Conrad,
Im not sure if you have sorted out the shocks yet, as this thread is a few month old.
However, it appears that not all 2-11's are the same.
Some had different shocks which werent adjustable, For example some had a LSD ,and some didnt. Its the same with the yellow paint calipers etc.
Mine was different in the sense that I have the "track" model (carbon wing etc) but fitted with lights etc, therefore here in New Zealand its road legal.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts