The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this car is available in two different variations. One road going and one track. I am confused, I have seen the track car verison only with its head lights covered, and cloth seats. But i have seen it also with headlights reveled. How does this work? Is the Head light car the road going verison?

·
Registered
538 Posts
I know this car is available in two different variations. One road going and one track. I am confused, I have seen the track car verison only with its head lights covered, and cloth seats. But i have seen it also with headlights reveled. How does this work? Is the Head light car the road going verison?
Don't know where you're from but in North America, the 2-Eleven is NOT street legal thus it does not have head lights. I've heard of 1 person whom has the front headlights but I believe he shipped it from England.

·
Registered
677 Posts
The one with the headlights is the UK road legal version. As such it is also permitted is most other European countries.

You can get a Track car with the "track lights" option for night racing and such.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Also seen some with leather seats vs Cloth?? I assume the Cloth is the Track only car? There is differences in the wing, ( one larger then the other) and steering wheel ( Air bag no air bag).

·
Registered
787 Posts
New one 4 weeks ago in orange at Autobahn and it DOES have headlights from the factory. Use them for rain days and flash to pass typically.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
When you purchase a 2-11 in the states you have to sign a document and have it notorized which states that you will not use the car on the street. Get caught using it and you can kiss it good by.
The car is not legal in any of the 50 states for street use.
Bummer!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts