The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Lotus 340r #197
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone just like to say thanks for the add
I recently bought a 340r about 3 months ago after wanting one for about 6 years I managed to talk to every owner in Australia which all pretty much laughed at me except 1,
so after a few emails etc I loaded up my trailer and headed off on a 4200km round trip to pick it up
after getting it home and drying it out due to the massive down pour the last 150km I decided to take it for its first drive, I backed out of my garage about 2 car lengths and heard a funny noise, then noticed the drivers rear wheel was turning like it had 4 wheel steering...… I slowly wheeled it back into the garage to discover the rear toe arm had just let go :( luckily a good mate had a spare one to get me back out on the road. Went down to the servo to get a fresh tank of fuel as id just drained the tank of the 5 year old fuel that was in it ( the guy I bought it off had it for 5 years and only put 100 km on it ) pumped the tyers back up and went on my way
Since then I've replaced every fluid and filter in the car and cleaned the injectors as it was still running poorly ( the injectors were very dirty and wernt flowing properly ) removed the rubber floor mates and fitted some outdoor carpet which I Velcro to the floor pan for easy removal and upgraded the centre trim with the carbon riveri trim pieces
I've also pulled the rear arms off to replace the bushes and ball joints and repaint them. Also upgraded the rear toe arms to the 12mm Spitfire ones. I noticed a few drops of coolant on the back of the motor near the thermostat which ended up being the hard pipe had a pin hole in it which is now on order with a few other pieces
also I was pretty lucky as I got hold of the very first owner of the car which told me a lot about the car and that it had a 2ltr stroker motor fitted to it making 250 rwhp and a emerald ecu as well
Anyway here's a few pics hope yous like it as much as I do

·
Registered
98 Posts
Congratulations on a fun ride, I also like your tow vehicle. I have to confess that I'm a bit envious, as to here in the Land of the Free we have some of the strictest vehicle laws in the world. The few Lotus cars we can drive on U.S. streets are worth obtaining, but many we will never be able to enjoy, along with other manufacturers. Anyways, drive it like it was meant to be driven!

·
Registered
Lotus 340r #197
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Congratulations on a fun ride, I also like your tow vehicle. I have to confess that I'm a bit envious, as to here in the Land of the Free we have some of the strictest vehicle laws in the world. The few Lotus cars we can drive on U.S. streets are worth obtaining, but many we will never be able to enjoy, along with other manufacturers. Anyways, drive it like it was meant to be driven!
Cheers for the kind words mate
Yous have some pretty cool cars over there too that I wish were more affordable over here
The tow car is a Ford fg xr6 turbo pushing out just shy of 650rwhp 👍👍

·
Administrator
2010 Exige S260
2,214 Posts
Welcome to LT! Thank you for sharing, you truly have an unicorn and a really cool story!

·
Wingless Wonder
1988 Esprit Turbo
5,952 Posts
A local NJ owner had a 340R many years ago. (Don't know what happened to it...)

He owned a RV dealership and drove it around on RV dealer plates. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Kubera

·
Administrator
2010 Exige S260
2,214 Posts
They are street legal in the UK, does that mean they can also be driven in Australia? In the States, the 3-11 is track only.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts