The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I am close to buying something... either the Lotus Evora 400 or a Porsche GT4... I am re-test driving each as my second experience in the Lotus was much better after getting used to a few things and understanding where the power is. The dealer asking for $78K, car has 1.1 k miles only, alcantara, but only 6 months left on warranty. What is a fair approach to make an offer? There is red peeling off the "400", some minor separation of the Lotus Guard film from a side marker and a drippy stain in the side scoop that I'm not sure will come out easy... otherwise very clean aside from the tires nearing 5 years from manufacturer.

I'm also willing to walk since I found a Porsche GT4 I like.

Any advice is welcome... if I can get the Lotus at a more reasonable price, it may tip the scales.

Thanks.

·
Registered
47 Posts
If you go with the E400 you will not be sad. It is my daily driver unless raining/thunderstorms and I love it. I got my 2017 last year for under $75K with 800 miles and full warranty. I was not disappointed in the least. Never test drove it, just waited for the shipper. Definitely buy the GRP 3rd cat delete as it sounds amazing.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Keep shopping for an E400 - I bought my brand new 400 last May for less than what you are being quoted. I did have to fly and drive it home almost 1000 miles but it was worth it a million percent!

As for the GT4 (and GT3), have you googled "GT4 strut tower cracking"? Unbelievable expensive to fix and, quite frankly, a completely unacceptable situation. NO THANK YOU.

·
Registered
824 Posts
I'm kinda with Champale but not entirely. I think the E400 price is fine - for a brand new 17. I wouldn't accept the 6 months of warranty or the issues with that one for the price. If they give it to you with a proper bumper to bumper 3 year / 36k mi warranty I'd say go for it.

You're going to be happy and angry at either of these cars. They're going to have some issues and spend some time in the service centers. Your service experience is likely to be frustrating with both. It's likely to be outright angering because they're brand new cars and the factory service experience is not going to be what you would expect at the price.

But when they're working it's worth it.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
New Owner ?

Thanks for the heads up on the GT4... it’s all I could think about on the test drive. Especially after discovering it was serviced right next to their track in Atlanta... I suspect it was a track demo car.

On the bright side, They dropped the listing $2k then I negotiated lower. I’m in the game now with this as my fun car and a C63 sedan as my daily.

Attachments

·
Registered
278 Posts
Hey congratulations, dogtag114! Very nice looking car - and I'm sure you'll love driving it! Combined with the C63, you've got a great combo!

·
Premium Member
6,747 Posts
German engineering is not what it used to be!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts