The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear Yanks
Lotus may now be ready to show us a GT Elise type car. Autocar Britans top motor rag is out tomorrow and i am told it has DETAILED Spy shots unlike any seen before.............Will keep you posted.

Cheers
Mega

·
Registered
368 Posts
i hope it's not the same pics we've seen in three other threads again.

·
Registered
7,708 Posts
gt elise?? sounds cool.....but like everything from "across the pond," WHEN?
any more details?? will it be based on the elise "selling" here now?

·
Registered
130 Posts
I have a feeling that the GT Elise is going to look very similar to the pictures we've seen here before. If that's the case, most of us will be dissapointed. The current Elise has a flavor all its own while the GT looks sanitized.

Bobby

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
This thread has been sanitized for your protection. :)

·
Registered
637 Posts
Voice of reason says:

Autocar was the mag that swore blind the american elise would have a toyota 2.2 inline 4, then a toyota v6.

"Top Motoring Rag"..... muhahahahahahhahaa what have you been smoking?

HTH

Craigy

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
pretty much what we saw before, no?

·
Registered
670 Posts
I just locked up the first 5 spots at every US dealer. If you want an early car you'll be buying from me on eBay. Actually The rear 3/4 view looks kind of like a Pontiac something or other. Maybe Lotus should achieve success with Elise in terms of being able to build and deliver in a timely manner before they invent a line of GT's,sedans, and SUV's. I'd love to see them manage to get a current model car to Los Angeles, we're still waiting.

Steve

·
Registered
758 Posts
It looks like a crossfire from behind.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
I hope it looks like that... I'm not even slightly tempted to buy that. Looks too ordinary. Kinda reminds me of the RX8. I'll pass... Thank goodness:)

1 - 20 of 35 Posts