The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
Ooh, the external gate shifter looks great.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
I have that catalog as well. Unfortunately, 99% of the items listed (such as the external shifter gate) are for older models. And for the fed elise stuff, there is hardly any photos, such as optional black wheels. Oh well.

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
There's a tach in that catalog with a built-in hotlap timer. Unfortunately it's not for the Fed. Elise. If they came up with the US version I'd be extremely interested.

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
Donovan said:
I have that catalog as well. Unfortunately, 99% of the items listed (such as the external shifter gate) are for older models. And for the fed elise stuff, there is hardly any photos, such as optional black wheels. Oh well.
On the first post there is an item labled "3 part etc." it has the external gate as an item listed for USA elise '04.

·
Registered
591 Posts
babak said:
On the first post there is an item labled "3 part etc." it has the external gate as an item listed for USA elise '04.
I am looking at the the catalog (I have one) and I am looking at the pictures I have taken of the shifter and it's surround. I am not sure how a gate would fit and what it would look like if you just screwed screws into the plastic surround. It does not sound strong. Maybe double sided tape.... also not appealing. Isn't the gate supposed to arrest the motion of the shift to keep you from trying to shift too far and stressing the transmission?

Anybody with any good ideas? What happens to the leather boot?

I have attached a photo for your enjoyment.

Greg

Attachments

·
shay2nak
25,068 Posts
I don't like the look of a boot, I'd rather have a bare stick showing like Lambo & Ferrari. I'd buy the 3 part kit of gate, handbrake & shifter. (#25 interior) How much for this kit?

what's the painted alternative roadwheels (#16,17)? can we ask for black LSS rims?

·
Registered
154 Posts
anybody notice that there was a line item for

"custom trim" (see the custom trim brochure).

Anyone have more info on this?

Robert

·
Registered
591 Posts
I saw the custom trim brochure many weeks ago. It is just that, you can get many different colors of leather or alcantera. For the seat, door panels, etc... custom stitchwork on the headrest. Much like any custom upholstery shop, only it it is Lotus doing the work.

I did not get a copy of that brochure. Your dealer should have a copy you can look at.

Greg

1 - 18 of 18 Posts