The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up a copy of Sports Car International today and what to my wondering eyes should appear but an ad for our beloved Elise :clap:

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
Yeah - I picked up a copy yesterday wondering if it had the Elise anywhere in it ... then I saw the back cover. It's a good mag - I may subscribe.

I scanned the add ... here's it is...

Attachments

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
My issue has an Elise ad, but it's different than that one. It has a full-frame shot of an Artic Silver car only with the title " Imagine a car that can convert pure thought to driving" interestingly this new marketing company seems to have it's crap together.

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
If the cars are all sold why advertise with full page back cover adds? On SCI what's that gotta run? $40k? About the cost of one car?

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
Yours had a different ad? Interesting. Maybe they have several that they run with. The ad I scanned came from the November 2004 issue.

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
doma said:
Yours had a different ad? Interesting. Maybe they have several that they run with. The ad I scanned came from the November 2004 issue.
That explains it- Jan '05 here- you're shop must not have the new issue with the F430 on the cover yet.

G

·
Look inside the January issue...

Elise is rated as one of the top ten cars of the '00s...

Rated #5, underneath cars costing 3-4 times as much!

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
my issue had the silver elise on it also:cool:

·
Registered
341 Posts
Does anyone recognize the track where that picture was taken?

kbob

G

·
Kellzey,

I hear that Matheny got in car #'s 9, 10, and 11 today.

Jim
Yep,

I got the call the other day about StarShield.

Salesperson said that was a good indication that my car was being made and possibly already on it's way!

Karl

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
doma said:
If the cars are all sold why advertise with full page back cover adds? On SCI what's that gotta run? $40k? About the cost of one car?
Lotus has had back cover or inside back cover for as long as I have subscribed. Given SCI's small rate base (35,727 readers according to the statement of ownership on last page of the issue in question) and the fact that Lotus must have a long-term, reduced rate ad contract, I would guess that TWELVE ads cost $40k. Or less.

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
>my issue had the silver elise on it also

D'oh. Fry's needs to cycle their inventory - this means they are 3 months behind. :rolleyes:

G

·
According to Sports Car International, January 05 issue... the Top Ten Best Sports Cars for the ''00s, as a summation of the voting from all judges is...

1. Porsche Carerra GT
2. Ford GT
3. Ferrari Enzo
4. Pagani Zonda C12S
5. Lotus Elise
6. Porsche Boxster S and Porsche 911 GT3 (tied)
8. Lamborghini Gallardo and Lamorghini Murcielago (tied)
10. Subaru Imprezza WRX

Note: The reader's top ten list was...

1. Lotus Elise
2. Ford GT
3. Ferrari Enzo
4. Mitsibusi Lancer Evo
5. Porsche 911 GT3
6. Ferrari 360 Challenge Stradale
7. Laborghini Gallardo
8. Honda S2000
9. Subaru Impreza WRX STi
10. BMW M3

·
Registered
3,915 Posts
doma said:
dealers have deposits to carry them through the first year's production but after that the dealers will have to SELL the Elise. Lotus wants to keep their name in the public's eye to maintain and build interest in not only the Elise but future models.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts