The Lotus Cars Community banner
  • Hi there! Why not register as a user to enjoy all of the benefits of the site? You may register here. When you register, please pick a username that is non-commercial. If you use a name that appears on any search engine commercially, you must pick another name, whether it applies to you or not. Commercial usernames are for supporting vendor use only. If you want to become a supporting vendor and grow your business, please follow this link. Thanks!

Lotus ad on the back cover of Sports car Intrnational

3K views 28 replies 16 participants last post by  DetailersParadise 
#1 ·
I picked up a copy of Sports Car International today and what to my wondering eyes should appear but an ad for our beloved Elise :clap:

#2 ·
Yeah - I picked up a copy yesterday wondering if it had the Elise anywhere in it ... then I saw the back cover. It's a good mag - I may subscribe.

I scanned the add ... here's it is...

Attachments

#3 ·
My issue has an Elise ad, but it's different than that one. It has a full-frame shot of an Artic Silver car only with the title " Imagine a car that can convert pure thought to driving" interestingly this new marketing company seems to have it's crap together.

#9 ·
my issue had the silver elise on it also:cool:

#13 ·
doma said:
If the cars are all sold why advertise with full page back cover adds? On SCI what's that gotta run? $40k? About the cost of one car?
Lotus has had back cover or inside back cover for as long as I have subscribed. Given SCI's small rate base (35,727 readers according to the statement of ownership on last page of the issue in question) and the fact that Lotus must have a long-term, reduced rate ad contract, I would guess that TWELVE ads cost $40k. Or less.

G
#16 ·
According to Sports Car International, January 05 issue... the Top Ten Best Sports Cars for the ''00s, as a summation of the voting from all judges is...

1. Porsche Carerra GT
2. Ford GT
3. Ferrari Enzo
4. Pagani Zonda C12S
5. Lotus Elise
6. Porsche Boxster S and Porsche 911 GT3 (tied)
8. Lamborghini Gallardo and Lamorghini Murcielago (tied)
10. Subaru Imprezza WRX

Note: The reader's top ten list was...

1. Lotus Elise
2. Ford GT
3. Ferrari Enzo
4. Mitsibusi Lancer Evo
5. Porsche 911 GT3
6. Ferrari 360 Challenge Stradale
7. Laborghini Gallardo
8. Honda S2000
9. Subaru Impreza WRX STi
10. BMW M3

#18 ·
doma said:
If the cars are all sold why advertise with full page back cover adds? On SCI what's that gotta run? $40k? About the cost of one car?
dealers have deposits to carry them through the first year's production but after that the dealers will have to SELL the Elise. Lotus wants to keep their name in the public's eye to maintain and build interest in not only the Elise but future models.

#25 ·
_JD_ said:
They're driving on Barber Motorsports park in B'ham backwards
Actually, I think that's Barber but in the correct, clockwise direction. The Elises are in the first kink on the back straight. Just out of frame on the right of that picture should be the museum.

#26 ·
MickOpalak said:
Actually, I think that's Barber but in the correct, clockwise direction. The Elises are in the first kink on the back straight. Just out of frame on the right of that picture should be the museum.
I think those images were from the dealer launch back in April.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.