The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
I'm in the market for an Elise and I need some help. I want a supercharged car and I'm not sure if I should buy a used 05-07 and put an aftermarket SC system on it or try to buy a new 08 Elise SC. I've heard nightmare stories about tuning the 06-07 "drive by wire" cars with aftermarket SC or turbo systems. Anyone have some first hand experience? Any advice on aftermarket SC systems? Which is the best? If I buy a used Elise with the intention of supercharging it, should I buy an 05 and avoid the 06-07 "drive by wire" cars? Does anyone make an intercooler system for the 08 Elise SC? I've never owned a Lotus so I'll take all the advice I can get.

:shrug:

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
Charlie is working on an intercooled aftermarket supercharger kit. I keep waiting for new details, but Charlie seems to be a stand-up guy and I would trust his tunes on my car.

·
Registered
215 Posts
I just had the sector 111 kit with a Charlie X tune on the ECU installed on my '06 Exige and I love it. The power is very linear and I feel the car is much more driveable. The only thing I have noticed with it is that when I first start the car on a cool (40F) morning it hesitates a bit untill it has warmed up a little bit. I did a track day just after having it installed and didn't notice above normal temps (it was a cooler day 70F) It ran around 190 at the end of the 1/2 hour sessions all day.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts