The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, did anyone get this invite in the mail (see pic)?

Anyone have more details on what they mean by "join the team"? Is it simply "hey come see the race" or is it "if you are at the race, come hang out in the paddock area" or even better is it more like "contact us and we'll hook it up with tickets and you can hang with the crew"? Obviously I'm hoping for the latter.:clap:

The back has their race team's marketing manager contact info and says to contact him "to join us for an upcoming race". Yes, I sent a note to him expressing my interest.:) While I'm waiting for a response, I thought I should ping the community.

Am I reading too much into this or should I be excited?

Attachments

·
Registered
736 Posts
Pick up some extra Lotus swag for us while you're there.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
I got one of those too last week. I wish I got it weeks ago, because I could've made it to the Mid-Ohio race.

I'm not sure what kind of invite it really is, perhaps I can make it to a race later this year.

·
Relapsing Honda fan
1,259 Posts
Just got mine in the mail today, if im not on the road to Pebble beach in an hour then I'll go to Road America Sunday and find out.

·
Premium Member
6,933 Posts
Yes sir they are doing what they were talking to me about at LRP in early July. I just got asked if I'd be at Baltimore!

·
Premium Member
2,180 Posts
Got one. Sent a note to Adam and got a nice note back. Not exactly clear what they're doing. Waiting for details.

·
Registered
7,185 Posts
What's the deal? I'm sure hoping to see them at Petit LeMans in October. Will go down a day early to poke around the paddocks a bit.

·
Premium Member
175 Posts
Yeah, I got mine...the day after I returned from the Mid-Ohio race!

·
Closer than you think
2,222 Posts
I didn't get one, but I was at the ALMS races this weekend (camping) at Road America in Wisconsin. I got to meet Alex job, Townsend Bell, and Bill Sweedler. Everyone was very nice and cordial to the fans. My son even got his AJR team hat signed by the all three.

Great to see the Evora continue its ascent in ALMS.

·
Premium Member
1,601 Posts
I got one too. Have been too busy to respond but will reach out and see what the deal is. I'd have to travel to any of the locations so it would need to be something special than just get a hat and a quick meet and greet.

·
Closer than you think
2,222 Posts
I got one too. Have been too busy to respond but will reach out and see what the deal is. I'd have to travel to any of the locations so it would need to be something special than just get a hat and a quick meet and greet.
I don't think this invite was anything more than an offer to provide some moderate hospitality to Lotus owner/fans. What makes you think they're giving stuff away just because we're all so cool? :rolleyes: Hell, I even bought the hat from a race vendor!

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
I didn't get one either. I'd like to have one since I collect that kind of ephemera. If anyone would part with theirs please PM me.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Exige owner and I didn't get one. I'm going to the VIR race. Would anyone be willing to share the contact with me via a PM?

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
yeah i doubt this was intended for every lotus owner... which isnt a big deal at all unless you are simply looking to collect it.

they may have just mailed them out to a select group? (like new lotus buyers within the last year)

regardless if you got this invite or not I would highly encourage you to check out one fo the remaining ALMS races if you havnt thus far (especially if you are close to one fo the tracks on the circuit)... the teams do a lot of fan interaction especially during the scheduled autograph sessions & the AJR porsche/lotus team are no different

the AJR lotus guys are extremely nice & I very much enjoyed my time talking to Townsend & other members of the team

however I do have to thank those for allowing me this oportunity...

·
Registered
7,185 Posts
We picked up the Evora in the last year, didn't get the invite.

Will be at Petit LeMans Friday and Saturday.

·
Premium Member
1,601 Posts
I think they went out to "known" track enthusiasts......who have owned Lotus '. Just a guess, but I know plenty of owners who did not get an invite.

·
Illegal Alien
5,140 Posts
SCCA, NASA member; F1 attendee in Germany, France, Singapore and Shanghai, Indycar, and 4 24hr Le Mans ticket purchaser and Lotus owner in their color scheme and no invite.

·
Registered
7,185 Posts
NASA, PCA, CHIN, Trackdaze, Mazda Drivers, British Grand Prix, Petit LeMans several years, 3 Lotus.

Plan to go by on the Friday at Petit with two boys and we'll all just look sad:(

1 - 20 of 21 Posts