The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 130 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
On my lotus:
One of my pet peeve is returning to my car and see finger prints sometimes on the roof, windows, front or rear fenders left by other people. It wont really bother me but it happens everytime i use it and park in public places. Thats why i bring car wipes to remove it.

Other cars:
I hate seeing lots of stuff toys displayed at the rear window of the car...

Whats yours? :)

·
Registered
380 Posts
Slow drivers in the left lane, people on cell phones, people smoking and on a cell phone... really just everyone sometimes.

·
Registered
65 Posts
People reading the newspaper while driving, women adding makeup during the morning rush hour commute, Hummer H2’s driving 20mph below the speed limit to preserve fuel because the owner can’t afford the gas cost, a group mischievous teenagers playing incoherent music loudly and staring into everyone’s eyes in attempt to be noticed, inexperienced drivers (driving on the wrong side of the road accidently, stopping in the middle of the highway in attempt to get off an exit, running stop signs, etc…), people who have babies improperly secure, texters, people who do not allow you to merge into a lane and pretend not to see you but aggressively ride behind the other car, pedestrians that don’t use a cross walk and just randomly walk into the road without even looking first, teenagers who cross the street very slowly staring at everyone in attempt to prove their toughness, people in rush hour traffic that leave 10-15 car lengths open ahead of them for no reason (most ricers do this so they can pretend to be on a drag strip and let their fart cans scream at 15MPH), the fast and furious crowd that attempts to race anything on wheels even during rush hour.

·
Premium Member
6,241 Posts
Fat people at buffets!!
oh car stuff. cars that are leaning from fat people after leaving the buffet:popcorn:

·
Premium Member
2,085 Posts
people who stay in a lane even though there are signs saying the lane is ending in 1 mile, 1/2 mile, 1000 feet, 500 feet...and then they squeeze in at the last moment, which of course causes everyone already in that lane to slam on their brakes. Obviously, their time is much more important than everyone else's, so it makes complete sense for them to be first.

people who ignore the signs that tell you which toll lanes are the cash and which the EZ pass, and then cut across 9 lanes of traffic at the last minute.

motorcyclists who drive between lanes of traffic.

·
Registered
196 Posts
People that complain when I leave my greasy finger and face prints on their car when I'm checking it out -poke-

People that merge a mile before a lane ends and expects everyone else to do the same (the lane is still there for a reason, everyone should use it and merge at the end to keep from getting a mile long queue waiting to merge) :tadts:

Slow drivers in the left lane... even worse, those that try to speed up and stay in front of you when you pass them.... :wallbang:

A$$ holes that stage up next to another vehicle during rain so they can have a clear view and not considering the line of cars backed up behind them. (goes back to slow cars in the left lane).

Every ricer on the interstate wanting to race the Lotus :no:

OK, off the soap box now.... :evil:

:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
Some of mine are associated with military bases...People who see the 15mph sign (when troops present, or between specific hours posted on the sign) and assume it means 15mph 24 hours a day (literacy is challenging). People who want to chat it up with the gate guard while 20 other cars are stacked up behind them (and will now be late for work). Military wives in minivans with their cell phone buried in their plump cheeks, driving confused/lost changing lanes with no warning.
Other places... People who ride your bumper, even if you are in the slow lane. (I know the state minimum insurance will NOT replace my car if they rear-end it). Motorcycle riders near me who are driving way past their skill level (I saw you pull away from the light buddy, you dragged your tennis shoes for the first 30 yards and almost lost it when you shifted to second). People who want to race, and can't seem to stay in their lane at they pull away from the light. Drivers who don't look before they pull out/change lanes/turn left. Rural drivers who feel like 25mph is a safe speed to pull onto a highway with a 75mph speed limit. Border patrol agents who pull over and hassle my GF when she is hauling my track gear, in my SUV behind me, going to a track event. People who want to sit on my car in their brass riveted blue jeans to take a picture (when I am in a food establishment). The 3 year old neighbor kid who thinks the nose of my car makes a fun and exciting slide (yeah, where is the parents). Car insurance companies who charge me higher premium rates because I have not financed a car in over a decade (it makes me a higher credit risk because I pay cash, which they feel makes me a greater driving risk). I always thought it was prudent to pay cash and avoid all the finance fees on a car.

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
Cars that jump into and out of the High Occupancy lanes at random locations.

Cars that change 3 lanes of traffic in 100 feet to get to their exit ramp.

Ugly SUV's with tiny back windows.

·
Registered
817 Posts
When 2 lanes merge into one, the etiquette is alternating cars (or I've heard people call it the zipper effect) :tadts:, but this jerk decides that he/she is more important than you, that they must gain the one car length in front of you and doesn't allow you to merge :no:. What do they gain? I get an ulcer from it! :mad:

·
Registered
380 Posts
"teenagers who cross the street very slowly staring at everyone in attempt to prove their toughness"

I see that too and I always think to myself, "won’t be so tough once a car hits you, move your ass across the street!” I was always taught to cross streets quickly even if you have the light, but people these days just take their sweet time.

·
German Reimport
2,953 Posts
people who stay in a lane even though there are signs saying the lane is ending in 1 mile, 1/2 mile, 1000 feet, 500 feet...and then they squeeze in at the last moment, which of course causes everyone already in that lane to slam on their brakes. Obviously, their time is much more important than everyone else's, so it makes complete sense for them to be first.
You are absolutely seeing this wrong. Come over here to where I live and they will teach you.
Merging before the lane ends is like having a two lane road where everyone is just using one lane -> waste of space.
There are even some roads that have signs telling you to not merge until the lane ends.
Everyone just needs to use the zipper technique where the lanes merge and everything is good...

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
"teenagers who cross the street very slowly staring at everyone in attempt to prove their toughness"

I see that too and I always think to myself, "won’t be so tough once a car hits you, move your ass across the street!” I was always taught to cross streets quickly even if you have the light, but people these days just take their sweet time.
When they do that to me i gun it and get as close to them as possible. I have had them take their sweet ass time stop in front of the car then block me walking towards it so they can check the car out. Idiots

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
380 Posts
When they do that to me i gun it and get as close to them as possible. I have had them take their sweet ass time stop in front of the car then block me walking towards it so they can check the car out. Idiots

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
Its one thing to check out a car at a show or even a parking lot, but in the middle of the street? Some people really are morons. I guess I just care about my safety enough not to put it in the hands of some stranger on the street driving a 3k+lb four wheel weapon.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Cars with useless modifications. Like: huge wing for a car that never has seen the track. Things added on cars that are intended to make you LOOK fast.

California drivers

Biggest: People that don't accelerate when the light turns green
and people who look at the person in front of them only as their cue to begin driving(slinky effect)

1 - 20 of 130 Posts