The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Illegal Alien
5,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone running the J-hooks offered as standard equipment on the European GT430 and initially planned to be offered as a dealer install option on the GT? If so, I was looking for feedback.

·
shay2nak
25,068 Posts
The guy that did the factory front end GT430 conversion to his Evora GT has the J-Hooks.

·
Illegal Alien
5,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Premium Member
6,933 Posts
How would they be superior to the Girodiscs???

·
Illegal Alien
5,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How would they be superior to the Girodiscs???
Price and availability. Really not much available in the Evora 4xx size The Ultradiscs are available through InoKinetic, but not cheap.

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
j hooks are better than the slots on the Girodiscs, however, the Girodiscs have superb metallurgy...

Reactions: brgelise

·
Illegal Alien
5,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
j hooks are better than the slots on the Girodiscs, however, the Girodiscs have superb metallurgy...
So these are the Ultradiscs sold by InoKinetic. What is the superiority statement based on?

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
So these are the Ultradiscs sold by InoKinetic. What is the superiority statement based on?
I have girodiscs that have been tracked and over 20k miles on them. I have had them turned and they are still in use today, at 34k miles. no hot spots and good coloring.

Just personal experience.... I have a brand new set in boxes waiting to be used, but feel no need.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
Plenty of good reviews out there as well:

·
Registered
322 Posts
I am running girodiscs on my track-only S2000. I have 4 days on them, will report back after 4-5 more days on how they are holding up. A big part of rotor wear is also cooling ducts - I am not sure if our Evoras have cooling ducts for the brakes, most street cars don't.

·
Premium Member
6,933 Posts
Good luck getting that usage on an Evora. You have them on an Elige correc?. My front platters lasted ~20+ track days but the cracks were starting to connect so game over. No complaints. Fresh all around this season.

The nice thing is once you make the initial investment, replacing the discs become far less costly.

Reactions: Julian73 and mattjk

·
Illegal Alien
5,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have girodiscs that have been tracked and over 20k miles on them. I have had them turned and they are still in use today, at 34k miles. no hot spots and good coloring.

Just personal experience.... I have a brand new set in boxes waiting to be used, but feel no need.
Not that life on an Evora

Reactions: mattjk

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
My apologies... sometimes I forget there are other Loti besides the Exige ;-)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts