The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 162 Posts

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI All,
Just got off the phone with Chris Constantin at Lotus Atlanta.

They just got in 6 Elises, 2 Yellow, 2 Black, 1 Graphite, 1 Silver.

Demo still not in.

Chris

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
Who's the salesperson from LOA who posts here, or is there one? I tried calling, but the salesline just rang and rang. Guess I'll try later. Post Graphite please Atlanta folks.

ed- never mind just saw Chris Constantin in Chris' post.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
How many does that mean that LOA received this month? There's Chris' beautiful Ardent Red, then these 6 right? So 7 cars in the first month?

Meanwhile, back on the West Coast, Newport European STILL hasn't received their demo or customer cars. The person I spoke with there just told me that they're expecting the demo to arrive today...

Bob

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
I drove past LOA on my way to a business meeting today and the silver Elise was out front. It's odd though, I stopped by Saturday and was told the Demo was 2 -3 weeks away???

·
Registered
5,599 Posts
I'll go by tomorrow late afternoon and snap a lot of pictures and post them by tomorrow evening.

Is LOA still in it's original location or have they moved yet? If so, where exactly is the new location?

·
Registered
387 Posts
rtking said:
How many does that mean that LOA received this month? There's Chris' beautiful Ardent Red, then these 6 right? So 7 cars in the first month?

Meanwhile, back on the West Coast, Newport European STILL hasn't received their demo or customer cars. The person I spoke with there just told me that they're expecting the demo to arrive today...

Bob
Boy, it just hit me. If I was at LOA, one of those would be MY car ... Instead, I'll be lucky to have it from my dealer before the first snowfall :(

I predict that dealer allocation is going to become a major topic on these boards

I wish I was smart enough to go to a dealer that was getting a large allocation at a time when nobody had a clue how/when/why dealers would get their cars :mad:

Steve

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
well if good old cj has not taken delivery i respectfully submit that LOA not sell him a car. grrrrrrrrrrrr

·
Registered
35 Posts
LotusLust said:
well if good old cj has not taken delivery i respectfully submit that LOA not sell him a car. grrrrrrrrrrrr
So let's just say someone out there wanted an Elise three years ago and put a deposit down. Between then and now their life changed in some major way...children came, a leg was amputated, or finances were just radically different. Someone in that position should just give up their slot? They aren't allowed to profit from it?

Sure, it would be *nice* if they gave up the slot for a fellow enthusiast, but I don't see the crime in selling it if it has additional value.

I also wonder if LOA *can* legally do anything to stop speculators who have been on multiple waiting lists. If the dealer took their money and in return said that they are number XYZ on a list, then there's a contract there. I don't know of anyone who signed a contract when they put their deposit down that said they *wouldn't* just flip the car, so I don't see what LOA can do.

None of us has to be *happy* about it, but I don't see what anyone has done illegally. I guess I hope I'm wrong *and* there were several folks out there with 25 deposits each that they no longer get, because that will just move me that much further up in line. :) But I don't see the legal basis for it...well, unless ticket scalping laws apply.

I am around #50 at Hunting Ridge and Mark Starr told me today that it wasn't unreasonable to expect to see my car around Christmas.

--Donnie

1 - 20 of 162 Posts