The Lotus Cars Community banner

LOTUS ATTITUDE/LIFESTYLE

• Professional Racer.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Track Only, heavy modifications, work on it myself.

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Track and Street, maintenance done by myself.

Votes: 23 20.5%
  • Few track events, but most street use.

Votes: 30 26.8%
  • Daily Driver.

Votes: 31 27.7%
  • Weekend Warrior (canyon/mountain roads).

Votes: 12 10.7%
  • Long Road Trips, Lotus Roads.

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Lotus Collector.

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Date Magnet.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (explain).

Votes: 6 5.4%
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you fit in this poll?

1. I'm a professional racer:shift:

2. I use my Lotus for track ONLY. I heavily modify my Lotus (perfomance/handling) and I do the work myself.

3. I track my Lotus several times a year, but I drive the Lotus on the street too. I do the maintenance myself.

4. I took the Lotus to the track once or twice. I use the Lotus for weekend use, canyon and mountain roads.

5. I use the Lotus for road trips, searching out great Lotus Roads and enjoyable destinations. I drive the hell out of my Lotus!:D

6. I use the Lotus for daily driving to work and back.

7. I show the Lotus at car shows. I enjoy the aesthetic part of the Lotus.

8. I store the Lotus for collectable item.

9. I use the Lotus as a "Date Magnet"!:p

10. Other (explain)

Pick one or MORE choices to fit your Lotus Lifestyle!:wave:

I'm sure this has been done before on this Lotus Forum, but this poll is a bit different and it would be nice to know how your Lotus "attitudes/lifestyles" changed!

--Hal

·
Registered
982 Posts
i guess i fit into #'s 4-7 and also 10 a few auto-x events, and a "fun" car its not really a weekend thing but on a nice day ill wash her up and go cruising but as a DD i have my Corolla S

·
Mulholland>SCC
2,532 Posts
5. I use the Lotus for road trips, searching out great Lotus Roads and enjoyable destinations. I drive the hell out of my Lotus!

6. I use the Lotus for daily driving to the gym and back.

I used to ride a motorcycle everywhere, but now, I have to decide between motorcycle and Lotus, lol. Admittedly, the Lotus usually wins. :D I have tracked the motorcycle lots of times and will have to take the Lotus to the track soon!

·
Registered
5,409 Posts
As a motorcycle track day enthusiast, I bought the Elise primarily as a track car, but used it mostly for weekend jaunts.

·
Registered
2,713 Posts
Hard to take the poll because I think most people fit into 4-5 of those and you can only select 1 !!!

·
Registered
852 Posts
Well, there are no mountains or canyon roads within a thousand miles of here, so I'll add something along the lines of occasional/seasonal/casual driver...

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah, looks like you can pick only one. So on the poll.....pick the ONE that is the BEST to fit your Lotus Lifestyle, at least most of the time!:)

--Hal

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
I used to ride a motorcycle everywhere, but now, I have to decide between motorcycle and Lotus, lol. Admittedly, the Lotus usually wins. :D I have tracked the motorcycle lots of times and will have to take the Lotus to the track soon!
I'm the opposite. The bike usually wins. Cars are becoming less relevant to me as time passes and seem to serve more utilitarian purposes like carrying more stuff, although I do enjoy driving my car as opposed to some horrid FWD automatic "transportation appliance" :D

I want to go to the track with the bike (not sure how soon) but I'm more excited about tracking the bike than I ever was about my cars. :evil:

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
Other. I'm compensating.
:clap: yeah, we all know about the inverse car size (engine size?) to penis ratio.

No need to point out the "moose" status, we're all there rotfl rotfl rotfl

·
Mulholland>SCC
2,532 Posts
I'm the opposite. The bike usually wins. Cars are becoming less relevant to me as time passes and seem to serve more utilitarian purposes like carrying more stuff, although I do enjoy driving my car as opposed to some horrid FWD automatic "transportation appliance" :D

I want to go to the track with the bike (not sure how soon) but I'm more excited about tracking the bike than I ever was about my cars. :evil:
Well, the car is new. I've had motorcycles for 4 years now. You gotta go to the track. It's addicting!

·
Registered
344 Posts
Daily Driver baby!!!

·
Banned
874 Posts
I use mine as a weekend car for whenever I go ANYWHERE and I mean ANYWHERE:D

Edit: I also do all the work myself. I am a professional auto-mechanic,engineer,electrical engineer, plumber, etc. etc. i can do just about anything :)

·
Registered
204 Posts
4, 5, 7, and 8 for me.

Also do all of the work myself; that's not just for track guys! :wave:

·
Registered
361 Posts
DD

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
you dont have to abuse the car but you have to track it. otherwise there are real cars made better for less money to use for transportation. carl

1 - 19 of 19 Posts