1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
155 Posts
Is it the Lotus Inc. that we know and love or is it just the name? Seems clear as mud - here is the BBC article BBC SPORT | Motorsport | Formula 1 | Lotus name ready for return to F1 - but having read it I'm none the wiser. Apparantley the name 'Team Lotus' was sold to a Mr David Hunt (brother of F1 champion James Hunt)after the team collapsed and has since been acquired by a consortium who wish to race under the Team Lotus banner - they will be based in Norfolk but there appears to be no official link with Lotus Engineering or Lotus Cars, which I personally think is quite sad...

·
Registered
538 Posts
Who knows, maybe Lotus will have some small part in it??
BBC SPORT; said:
"We've secured the lease to the RTN factory in Hingham near to Lotus and we've been in discussion with Lotus and [their parent company] Proton.

·
Registered
677 Posts
AFAIK Team Lotus has never been part of Group Lotus even in the good old days. It was split of in the 50's and stood as a separate (but obviously closely linked to Group Lotus) company.

I think that Colin Chapman was similar to Enzo Ferrari in that the passion was the racing and the car company was a method to fund the racing.

Nothing to stop Group Lotus getting involved as they already do a fair amount of work for other teams anyway.

Still got to wait for the announcement on teams I think this week on friday.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
+1 -- A consultancy deal of some sort that legally--and financially--isolates the "Team" from the "Group" would probably be the best for all concerned.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts