The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Tire abuser
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, all a matter of opinion.... but, my wife bought me an exotic car tour for my birthday. It included driving one hour in each of the following:

1. Lambo Gallardo
2. Ferrari F430
3. Aston Martin Vantage
4. Audi R8

I drove 40 minutes there and back in my Elise. They were all great cars in thier own way, but the Ferrari was the only one that was truly fun like the Elise (it was like a Lotus on steroids). Many of you have driven these cars and already know this, but I was suprised how these very expensive machines did not make me wish for them instead of my little Lotus. My 12-year-old son got to ride along and it was pretty cool to see him grin when we got to push those big motors a bit. Overall, a really good time.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Agreed, I've driven a few Ferrari's the Audi R8 and some Jags - Nothing connects you to the road like a Lotus...

·
Such Administrating
6,854 Posts
When I worked for porsche and got to drive the new 911 turbos, I absolutely loved them. But they didn't have the feel or nimbleness(if thats a word) that the lotus has.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Hard to compare the Lotus to at least the Aston and the Audi when it comes to daily driver comfort.....

·
Registered
68 Posts
I've owned an old Ferrari 308 for five years. It was my dream car from the time I was 10 and saw it in Magnum, PI until I was able to buy one 25 years later.

I still love the car. It's been a lot of fun, and I still think it's one of the most beautiful automobiles ever designed. I'll miss it, but it's now going to a new owner...to make room in the garage and budget for an Elise.

The Elise is simply more fun to drive, and more usable. I expect I'll end up put more miles on it - and corresponding smiles on my face - in one year than I have in the Ferrari in five.

- Paul

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
I am not alone!

my lovely wife got me a similar selection

Z06
Viper
Lambo
Porsche 911 Turbo
ariel atom (Thanks bms330ciandr6)

The drive was a blast, the cars were fun, I love my wife for setting it up, I was not disappointed that at the end of the day I got the girl and we jumped into the Lotus!

·
Such Administrating
6,854 Posts
I am not alone!

my lovely wife got me a similar selection

Z06
Viper
Lambo
Porsche 911 Turbo
ariel atom

The drive was a blast, the cars were fun, I love my wife for setting it up, I was not disappointed that at the end of the day I got the girl and we jumped into the Lotus!
fixed :up:

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Hard to see the relevance of that comment in a thread on supercars :)
Hey, nothin says you can't have a "super car" that's comfortable to drive every day..:D

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
The Lotus ruins you for any car that is bigger and heavier without the corresponding directness in feel. I would say the Noble comes pretty close in some respects because it's light but the power steering does take some feel away.
The Noble I feel is right on par with the Esprit, complete with the kit carish build quality..:up:

·
Registered
502 Posts
I don't know, I still plan on having a Lambo Gallardo someday. I have rode in a 430 and have driven a 360 and a gallardo and the Lambo takes the cake. It is just mean and agressive and powerful, not for the faint of heart type driver. I picture it being more of the Lotus on steroids and the Ferrari being the gentlemens racer.

·
Back to the Future, again
6,183 Posts
The Noble I feel is right on par with the Esprit, complete with the kit carish build quality..:up:
I never thought I would miss the build quality of my Elise until I got my Noble.

I don't know, I still plan on having a Lambo Gallardo someday. I have rode in a 430 and have driven a 360 and a gallardo and the Lambo takes the cake. It is just mean and agressive and powerful, not for the faint of heart type driver. I picture it being more of the Lotus on steroids and the Ferrari being the gentlemens racer.
The Gallardo sounds great but around these parts, they are relatively common. People buy them more than Ferraris here.

·
Premium Member
5,633 Posts
Ok, all a matter of opinion.... but, my wife bought me an exotic car tour for my birthday. It included driving one hour in each of the following:

1. Lambo Gallardo
2. Ferrari F430
3. Aston Martin Vantage
4. Audi R8

I drove 40 minutes there and back in my Elise. They were all great cars in thier own way, but the Ferrari was the only one that was truly fun like the Elise (it was like a Lotus on steroids). Many of you have driven these cars and already know this, but I was suprised how these very expensive machines did not make me wish for them instead of my little Lotus. My 12-year-old son got to ride along and it was pretty cool to see him grin when we got to push those big motors a bit. Overall, a really good time.

You're comparing real cars with a go cart I say your wife should pay you a visit to DR. Phil...

·
Registered
490 Posts

1. Lambo Gallardo
2. Ferrari F430
3. Aston Martin Vantage
4. Audi R8

I drove the 599 Ferrari at the same place that you did this at and needless to say I would trade my Lotus for it in a heartbeat. It might not be as nimble, but the V12 note is intoxicating.

·
Registered
294 Posts
I would say the Lotus exige s260 Sport and Cup cars are supercars from lotus if not just track day toys.

The s260's are faster than Audi R8 v10's on most roads and tracks. Heck even the numbers look better.
Slalom, 1/4 , 0-60 all in the Exige S260s favor.

I've driven an Audi R8 v10.. It was a nice car, needs louder exhaist but very refined and confortible. It was also extremely easy to drive at speed.

A Z06 and ZR1 corvettes are AX murders...killers...and are scary in the goodway.

Ferrari Scuderia best of them all, but tis a FERRARI man so of course!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts