The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
26,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally took the plunge and replaced my worn down '05 seats with '07 black leather ProBax seats. In my opinion, they really make a difference. Feel fantastic, and have alot more support.

Allen at Lotus Beverly Hills and his guys were great as usual. Really knowledgeable about everything, and love to talk Lotus (and Ducati). Allen mentioned that they will have the new Lotus Evora in one year.

After installing the seats, they went ahead and did the Lotus-required warranty fixes, topped the fluids, even washed the car.

All in 6 hours. :D

Thanks again Lotus Beverly Hills.

·
Registered
344 Posts
My car is there right now having a little work done.... I miss my car.

Lotus BH is great!

·
Registered
134 Posts
How much did the new seats set you back? It's Something I was considering doing when I get around to finding an 05!

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
How much did the new seats set you back? It's Something I was considering doing when I get around to finding an 05!
Same for me. How much money, moolah, buckaroos?
I'm thinking the same as you did with your '05, Larry.

It's either shell-out bucks for new seats, or give the money to the homeless.

--Hal

·
Premium Member
26,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey Hal!

How are you?

Good I hope...

Mine were off an '07 at Lotus Beverly Hills (not new), so they were a little more than $700 each installed. Mine are black leather, and do not say "Elise" on them.

Call Allen there and ask about other seats from other sources!

Take care,

Lar

·
Registered
4,713 Posts
I always wanted to sit in the newer seats to see what the difference is.

·
Premium Member
26,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
More padding in the seat and back.

More upright, better posture, better angle.

Feel like real seats, not race car buckets.

Nice. :D

As the company says:

"NuBax developed the ProBax technology specifically to support the skeletal system in a more "perfect posture" while seated.

The result is total body weight being evenly distributed over the entire seat cushion area. To achieve this dynamic effect, the pelvis is tilted and weight is evenly distributed on the ischial bones of the pelvis.

As a result of the pelvic tilt, a larger percentage of the spine stays in contact with the seat back. This channel allows the spine to "float" while the muscle structure running vertical to the spine receives most of the contact. Therefore, the back cushion design has been created with a soft channel running vertically to "receive" the spine in a softer material. This helps reduce pressure on the vertebral column and enhances overall comfort.

The added advantage of the non-slumped position has been demonstrated by a consistent measurable increase in blood flow in the veins."

Whatever...it feels good. Makes me excited again to climb into the car. Worth the money? Yes.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Lotus of Beverly Hills are awesome. This is where I always take my Lotus to when it needs work done.

This threads makes me want to go pay them a visit since I've been so busy that I haven't had the chance to see what they are up to lately. :D

Finally took the plunge and replaced my worn down '05 seats with '07 black leather ProBax seats. In my opinion, they really make a difference. Feel fantastic, and have alot more support.

Allen at Lotus Beverly Hills and his guys were great as usual. Really knowledgeable about everything, and love to talk Lotus (and Ducati). Allen mentioned that they will have the new Lotus Evora in one year.

After installing the seats, they went ahead and did the Lotus-required warranty fixes, topped the fluids, even washed the car.

All in 6 hours. :D

Thanks again Lotus Beverly Hills.

·
Premium Member
26,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Right now?

They have about three Exige and four Elise in having various tweaks, two engines sitting out of the cars being worked on, two new front clams standing by just in case of some front end misfortune, lots of jackets, sweatshirts and other Lotus paraphernalia, tons of extra parts, new front and rear A048 tires, and five of the nicest guys who ever worked in an auto shop. :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts