The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I heard from one dealership that Lotus has built & sent to the docks 650 Fed Elises as of late September. Just a datapoint for anyone keeping track of delivery pace.

And take it with a big margarita-rim of salt..

·
Registered
538 Posts
Yesterday when we were at Criswell we were told that the annual build rate was currently running at a max of 1100/yr. (although it was expected to increase).

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
Ellen,
Dave of Lotus had mentioned at LOG they'd built a 100 cars the previous week at least half are US cars so it seems they're actually up to full production rate now. I don't see how they'll get 2200 cars built this year (the 05 model year). but certainly hope they do.

Chris

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Well, something to take with that salt, mine should be being dropped on US soil today, is numbered around 350. But whose to say that 200-300 are at sea right now :rolleyes:

·
Registered
677 Posts
I hate threads like this one ... I don't want to click, but I do anyway.

Usually time flies by, but now the days seem longer as I get closer to my delivery date.

·
Registered
588 Posts
my delivery date is supposedly end of february! i cant wait either...i guess its ok since winter will be over by then.

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
rucnok said:
my delivery date is supposedly end of february! i cant wait either...i guess its ok since winter will be over by then.
as someone who lives in NY[westchester]and I to have a february/march delivery I have to say that winter is far from over in february,however we are talking lotus time here so your right in a way:by the time we get our cars it will be spring at the earliest:rolleyes:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Knowing how many are produced by Hethel doesn't help me out much. Here are my questions in order:

1. How many have been delivered to end user customers in the US?

2. How many are inside the US landed but not delivered? This could be at the dock, in the consolidation location, getting prep'd, etc.

3. How many are on the water?

4. How many fit in one ship?

5. How many have been built by Hethel and are awaiting shipment?

You have to know the answer to all 5 questions before the 650 number means anything. Hypothetically if a ship only holds a few cars if 300 are sitting in England awaiting shipment that doesn't mean much to us in the US. I know we are all desperate for information, but knowing the total number of cars produced is very vague.

·
Registered
387 Posts
If it means anything, mine supposedly landed in Charleston on Saturday, September 25 and it is in the mid 400's serial number. Steve

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
dirk said:
Knowing how many are produced by Hethel doesn't help me out much. Here are my questions in order:

1. How many have been delivered to end user customers in the US?

2. How many are inside the US landed but not delivered? This could be at the dock, in the consolidation location, getting prep'd, etc.

3. How many are on the water?

4. How many fit in one ship?

5. How many have been built by Hethel and are awaiting shipment?

You have to know the answer to all 5 questions before the 650 number means anything. Hypothetically if a ship only holds a few cars if 300 are sitting in England awaiting shipment that doesn't mean much to us in the US. I know we are all desperate for information, but knowing the total number of cars produced is very vague.
I don't have all the answers here... but what I do know is that all the cars that are built and ready are shipped every Monday, 3 per container. They are not holding cars. The ship's capacity is not the determining criteria.

Since ships go out every week, they take the production run, approx 50 cars each week.

Ships take a few weeks to cross the Altantic. An extra week for the Pacific. And those destined for Hawaii will be lost. :) (sorry, just kidding, expect a couple more weeks).

They are charged by by the day for the storage of cars in the port facility so LCU is very interested in speeding up the process of cars getting to dealers as quickly as possible. They do have a limited amount of space at the distribution facilities. Please see the post with Jellybeans in the title for a pic of the inside of one.

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
adamant said:
Well mid 400's really is great to hear, but that still isn't even 2/3rds of 650! In my mind they are still ramping up

must be new adamant math. for the rest of us:

(2/3)*650=433.333 which is less than mid 400's. maybe they will send adamant the .333 of a car :D

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
Chris-what is your car's number? I'm curious. Mine is #33, and lord knows how many they kept/blew up/crash tested.

Robert and Stan were in the high 180s and low 200s, I believe.

Thanks!!

Jer

·
Registered
498 Posts
I can only report what the dealer tells me
(dealer is Criswell). As of 1130 AM on 27 Sept, Criswell has received 14 cars four of them one month early. They have ordered 30 cars and these fourteen are working off of the thirty order. Lotus of America (LOA) has told Criswell that they will add a second manufacturing shift in October to increase production to the 2200 car level. This means that dealers will see approx. 6 cars a month instead of 2 or 3 cars a month. Hope spring eternal!

·
Registered
387 Posts
xxxotic said:
My car number is just barely over 300, and the car has in the port since September 4th
Oh man, that's awful! Lotus, do something about this!

·
Registered
2,955 Posts
They are afraid to put them on transporters to send them to Florida, since almost every weekend a hurricane has been scheduled to hit us.

I'm glad they waited, several people around where I live have had damage to their cars. See my new avatar. A cememt roof tile went right thru my neigbors windshield yesterday. I have a couple hanging off on the side of my roof. If a good wind comes along, they will slide down, fall on the garge roof, and then fall onto the driveway. Good thing I have enough room in my garage to park the cars.

I hope everybody and everythingat Palm Beach Motors is OK. I heard the building across the street (Kravitts Center) had a lot damage.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts