The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have an '06 Exige I'm prospectively considering a turbo build for. Would like to use a reputable shop but somewhat difficult to find information on this. Likely would want to do internals, clutch, injectors etc but would depend on tuner recommendations from past experience.

I'm located in Hamburg, NY about 15 miles south of Buffalo. I'm willing to drive up to a couple of hours to find the right shop. Anyone have any recommendations to reach out to?

·
Registered
2,657 Posts
I bet you wont find anyone happy with their custom turbo setup on an Elige, if so they are few and far between. Why that way instead of using one of the supercharger recipes and not having to pay a fortune for custom work?

·
Registered
240 Posts
Agreed. Talk to BOE.

·
Registered
2,657 Posts
Ill sell you my complete 265 WHP setup if you want since you have an exige.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Seems like I've heard the feedback about BOE loud and clear. Now I'm probably entering "just search because this is redundant" territory - but if I were to go the REV 400 route, is it even worth hiring a shop to do the work? It seems like the install is clear as day.

I wouldn't mind paying for custom work to go north of 400whp but with how plug and play the BOE kit is it's almost worth seeing if the 400 is enough for what I'm looking for and going forward from there.

·
Premium Member
583 Posts
400 hp out of a1.8L engine is not just plug and play. If you are Boulevard cruising, it can be done easily, but if you use the car and the power, you will have to upgrade the internals of the engine and a lot of the drivetrain.

·
Registered
2,657 Posts
Seems like I've heard the feedback about BOE loud and clear. Now I'm probably entering "just search because this is redundant" territory - but if I were to go the REV 400 route, is it even worth hiring a shop to do the work? It seems like the install is clear as day.

I wouldn't mind paying for custom work to go north of 400whp but with how plug and play the BOE kit is it's almost worth seeing if the 400 is enough for what I'm looking for and going forward from there.
It's reasonable enough if you have worked on cars before to install the rev 400 and a new motor if needed. There is also the unadvertised RevX that makes more like 450 at the wheels for about $20k for the parts and motor.

Note that you will also need/want to upgrade the transmission unless you plan on driving gently.

Going over 400 WHP with a turbo on these engines is certainly possible, but you get into so much nonsense at that point and plan to spend what? $40k? When there is already a good 400 whp solution.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts