The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After searching high and low, I found no suppliers of Lotus Caliper Decals. Neither Ebay nor Google resulted with ANY North American supplier. So I contacted one of the largest caliper decal suppliers on EBay and asked for some to be made and 2 days later he replied with a result. I have purchased the very first set and I will report how it went. For anyone interested below is the link to the supplier. You will notice that he is the ONLY supplier on EBay or anywhere in the US that supplies them, he is based in AZ. :clap:

Lotus brake caliper decal | eBay

·
Registered
9 Posts
Pls post pics after you've installed. What color did you order? I think gold print over black caliper would be ideal.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My car is Red, my calipers were painted yellow. I choose bright silver to match the rims. We will see, but for $7, it's no big deal to reorder in red my second choice. We will see.

-James

·
Registered
905 Posts
I picked up some for the 5.99 sale price in "Dark Green" I've got a BRG exige and have been thinking about doing the calipers in yellow. Not holding up much hope for these if they're just stickers. They'll probably come off or burn up in a day but figured for 6 bux i'd give them a shot.

·
Registered
334 Posts
I don't see how the decals can be applied to the front brake calipers. The letters and ribs on the castings are raised from the body. How does a flat decal go on this 3-d surface?

·
Gamera The Atomic Turtle
3,349 Posts
i think they were for other models other than the Elige?

·
Registered
363 Posts
I don't see how the decals can be applied to the front brake calipers. The letters and ribs on the castings are raised from the body. How does a flat decal go on this 3-d surface?
If you were willing to put time into it, easy.

Using a heat gun or hair dryer, you can make the vinyl pliable and push it into the grooves.

·
Registered
505 Posts
love it how most of these adds have "hi temp brake decals",what a wank :rolleyes:
they are standard vinyl which will last about 2 seconds unless you drive like a granny :clap:
for any chance of them working,you would need a flat surface and need to clear coat the caliper after applying at a minimum

If you were willing to put time into it, easy.

Using a heat gun or hair dryer, you can make the vinyl pliable and push it into the grooves.
yep,and when the caliper heats up,the decals once again become pliable and and come out the grooves

·
Registered
505 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts

·
Elise newb
342 Posts
hahaha... why stop at just one?

Found an entire site full of this stuff! They're got everything from "Adjustable Powerbands" to "Muffler Bearings" and "Elbow Grease". My all time fav has to be the "710 Cap". rotfl
Awesome. I can't believe someone put together such a complex site for that nonsense. I think I need a "Synthetic Blinker Fluid" t-shirt...

·
Premium Member
542 Posts
Then there's the "Brembo Look" caliper covers. They even come with a no melt guarantee! Man, there's no end to the junk for sale out there.:facepalm
I spent a few months of weekends driving down to PA (from MA - 5 to 6 hours one way) to work on a guy's "Lambo" roadster kit car.. Actually had a BMW V12 (that put out less HP than a modern 4 cylinder..) but the guy HAD to have the fake "BREMBO" covers on his calipers. There had to be MAX 1/4" clearance between the calipers and the rims. He wanted me to GRIND DOWN the calipers to glue the covers on.... Not to mention what would happen when the silicone glue lets go and the cover gets jammed between the wheel and caliper while driving... Car was a POS, probably weighs 6,000 pounds with all the crap that was done to it. Guy was a piece of crap too, stiffed me over $7k in parts / labor / hotel bills. He rents it out at kids parties now. Yeah, I'd like to let my kid get driven around in a death trap with a suspension made of electrical conduit.. At least it's purple, and he does own a Barney suit too! I should have got some of those turbo whistlers for his exhaust while I was at it... :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts