The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey LT,

I’m listing my Lotus factory carbon bucket with seat bracket. I like the seat and have been driving with it for the last month, but it’s a bit large for me - I need something narrower. (I’m 5’ 6” and a ~30” waist, FYI.) the seat is good for street driving but doesn’t do enough on track for me.

The seat and bracket together weigh about 12 pounds, so it is a very light setup and quite stiff. It also lowers the seating position in the Evora by an inch or two, which is a big improvement IMO. My spec is in black/alcantara with silver stitching. Note that the “silver” stitching actually appears white.

Price for the seat and bracket (NO SLIDER) is $4000 shipped to the contiguous US, and you save the 6 month wait time. If you are local and don’t require shipping, we can deal on the price.
Vehicle Car Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tire

Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive tire Grey Car
Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive design

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Oh wow I was going to offer to trade for my Tillett which is a little narrow for me but my seat is worth maybe a grand :)

That is a beauty. GLWS

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I got a couple questions I’ll answer here:

Airbag light will come on without the seat airbag connected. However, I connected a 2.2 ohm resistor off of Amazon and the light immediately turned off.

In terms of pricing, the seat itself is around $3200 from the UK based on current exchange rates. The seat bracket is another $350. You may also pay some exchange fees, shipping, and tax. Then you’ll wait 6 months for the seat to arrive and will have to deal with DeRoure/Lotus/UPS to make sure they have all the info needed to clear customs. It was a huge PITA, do not recommend.

I’m not looking to make a profit on this, $4k is flexible depending on what the s&h cost is for me. To make this really simple, I’ll say that I’m realistically looking at $3600 for the seat/bracket plus shipping.

·
Registered
Supercharged Exige
88 Posts
Where are you located? Assuming these seats fit in an S2 Exige as well. Any idea about sliders? Are they same fitment as the Exiges? Do you need any seats as trades?

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Where are you located? Assuming these seats fit in an S2 Exige as well. Any idea about sliders? Are they same fitment as the Exiges? Do you need any seats as trades?
I’m right by you, my office is in Saratoga. As far as I can tell, they are the exact same seat that Lotus put in the S260. I’m not sure if the bracket aligns with the Exige slider. LMK if you’re interested, and we can test fit it.

I have the SPX that comes with the Evora and will probably run that for now.

·
Registered
Supercharged Exige
88 Posts
I’m right by you, my office is in Saratoga. As far as I can tell, they are the exact same seat that Lotus put in the S260. I’m not sure if the bracket aligns with the Exige slider. LMK if you’re interested, and we can test fit it.

I have the SPX that comes with the Evora and will probably run that for now.
I would definitely like to check them out in person eventually, and see if the brackets will fit the Exige as well. I'm waiting for my car to get out of the shop. It's been in for race head build and has been out of commission for like 4 months 😅
Will reach out once I get the car back and am ready for this.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts