The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Administrator
1,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Lotus Cars USA has announced that it has signed on as the Title Sponsor of the grassroots Lotus Challenge Series. Started in 2008 by Jim Navarro and other Lotus enthusiasts the series held eight races in its first year with six in California and two at Spring Mountain Motorsports Ranch in Pahrump, Nevada - the home of the Lotus Driving School.

For 2009 the series has expanded to 10 events in the western U.S. (including races at Streets of Willow, Buttonwillow, Laguna Seca and Infineon) with four additional events in Texas.

"The Lotus Challenge Series is a very well run organization that's expanding through providing Lotus owners a fun, safe and positive environment in which to enjoy their Lotus vehicles and improve their driving skills," said Lotus Cars USA, Inc. Director of Operations Arnie Johnson. "What Jim Navarro, Tom Hughes, Jack Fried, Robb Bonanno and all of the participants in the Lotus Challenge Series are doing is fostering tremendous enthusiasm and goodwill for our treasured Lotus marque. We're extremely proud to support the expansion of the Lotus Challenge Series as the title sponsor and show some of our most devoted Lotus owners how much we appreciate them."

The Lotus Challenge Series is comprised of several classes for both street cars like the Elise and Exige, as well as track-only vehicles like the Exige Cup Car 255 and the 2-Eleven.

More: Lotus Cars USA to Sponsor Lotus Challenge Series on AutoGuide.com

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
:clap: Thats great news.

·
Registered
123 Posts
My hat goes off to you guys! You have finally embarassed Lotus USA enough to get them to take action! I am ready and looking forward to the East Coast races. See everyone there.

·
Registered
460 Posts
So...where and when are the Texas events? :coolnana::shift:

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Ready to go here...

·
Registered
140 Posts
How do I sign up?
Click on this link:
Lotus Challenge Series

There is a lot of other good information on that website as well.

I was over at Symbolic Motors (the local Lotus dealserhip) the other day chatting with one of the service and parts guys there. He had been to a few of the events and knows a bunch of the people that do it. Sounds like a really great thing they have going - good for Lotus owners and Lotus in general. I think I am going to try and get into some of the remaining events for 09' and hopefully get in on the entire series next year.

:shift:

·
Registered
378 Posts
My hat goes off to you guys! You have finally embarassed Lotus USA enough to get them to take action! I am ready and looking forward to the East Coast races. See everyone there.
Is there any info around on the east coast series? I am very interested.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
What 4 are scheduled for Texas? I don't see anything on the site nor do I see any Texas tracks listed.

·
Banned
7,592 Posts
Woo Hoo!
It was awesome to be at LOG and hear the announcement made. (Once Burt Levy finally wrapped up from rambling on about his books and racing Porsches, and how he never had a Lotus for what seemed like 2 hours)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts