The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to Atlanta on business and Duluth is just a few minutes away so I went to Lotus USA. What a 2 hours I experienced. In the lobby is a yellow Elise that is beautiful. They invited me to go into the back and over the next 1-2 hours I got to see everything.I got to sit in the car that is on the front of AUTOMOBILE magazine. Got to see the cars used on the Motorweek episode last week. Saw several Elise racers that were truly unbelievable. The techs were there from all over the country learning about the car. The fit and finish is perfect. The soft top is very easy to put on, fits snugly and takes 1-2min at most to put in place. The most difficult thing is getting in and out of the car. There is no easy or graceful way so be ready. Once in there is plenty of room. The clear bra will be a dealer installed option and covers front, sides and behind rear wheels. I saw it on a green and it was perfect. There will be a standard exhaust and then a second exhaust package that is much cooler. They had all sorts of things like books, models, shirts etc. to send to the dealers. They let me buy a 1:18 yellow that has great detail. Also bought a DVD about the Elise and a 208 page large format book about the making of the Elise. It was a great time and I can't wait for my car to arrive.

·
shay2nak
24,910 Posts
cool! thanks for the report. I don't know about the rest of the guys, but I'm envious. Where can we buy the stuff you picked up?

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Shay2nak,

You can buy the Jadi models from dealership or from the Exoticar Model Gallery in Beverly Hills. I bought mine there. The link to their webpages is: Exoticar Model Gallery

Bob

·
purveyor of lightness
4,068 Posts
shay2nak said:
cool! thanks for the report. I don't know about the rest of the guys, but I'm envious. Where can we buy the stuff you picked up?
Books are available from Amazon - that's where I got mine:

Lotus Elise - The Official Story
The BIG coffee table book - covers all to 2002

Lotus Elise: The Complete Story
This is mostly S1 & History - great book though!

Lotus Elise the Official Story Continues
I JUST found out about this when I searched 5 minutes ago... probably going to be a continuation with the S2 and the Federal car in it... is coming soon - but I can preorder!

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Plenty of 1:18's on eBay. Where I got mine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts