The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is a you tube video on how to get the Lotus Certificate of Provenance and what it contains.
This guy has an Esprit S4 that has the factory 2.0 not the normal 2.2 in an S4
Anyway anyone can order them from the factory I just never new about it maybe you guys did.

·
1986 Esprit Black/Red
26 Posts
I did mine several years ago and was glad I did. Really interesting information.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Here's the current link...web page has changed since that vid and it's harder to find:

·
Registered
691 Posts
Just got this today:

Dear Dave Wilde,

Thank you for your enquiry. We are in the process of revamping our Certificate of Provenance including presentation box, this will give you all of the information about your car and is presented in an Exclusive High Quality Presentation Box. We are due to release this to the world on the 10th August. This can then be ordered through Lotus dealers.

Regards,

ANDY GRAHAM
AFTERSALES ADMINISTRATOR AND ARCHIVIST
[email protected]

No code has to be inserted here.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Just got this today:

Dear Dave Wilde,

Thank you for your enquiry. We are in the process of revamping our Certificate of Provenance including presentation box, this will give you all of the information about your car and is presented in an Exclusive High Quality Presentation Box. We are due to release this to the world on the 10th August. This can then be ordered through Lotus dealers.

Regards,

ANDY GRAHAM
[email protected]
Let me guess...at a substantially higher cost?

·
Registered
905 Posts
Just got this today:

Dear Dave Wilde,

Regards,

ANDY GRAHAM
[email protected]

No code has to be inserted here.
Curious... Did you pursue this and, if so, through which dealer?

·
Wingless Wonder
1988 Esprit Turbo
5,849 Posts
When the offer had just come out, I asked our local dealer about the CofP.

Clueless. :mad: I should ask again...:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1998 Lotus Esprit V8
11 Posts
Call MAG in Columbus, OH. Very helpful even though I am not local to them.

I got nowhere with the Lotus dealer closest to me - just a very friendly conversation from a gentleman in sales asking if I wanted to come and check out the new Evora. A quick email to Lotus USA just redirected me to them again and left me waiting on another return call that never happened. S'all good...

I decided, based on past experience, to contact Midwestern Auto Group in Dublin, OH. Very professional. Knew what to do right off the rip and now I'm just awaiting the spoils of my $227 + shipping to arrive.

Tell him Steve referred you. I made sure he was cool with me posting his contact info here.

Contact info is:

Mike Marcum
Lotus Parts
6335 Perimeter Loop Rd. | Dublin, OH 43017
direct: [ 614-389-5634 ]
phone: [ 614-889-2571 ]
e-mail: [ [email protected] ]( mailto:[email protected] )

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
When the offer had just come out, I asked our local dealer about the CofP.

Clueless. :mad: I should ask again...:rolleyes:
I recently did the same for an M100, the first answer i received was "a what?", the second was "never heard of it" and the third was "you'll never get that from Lotus on a 30 year old Car". :censored:

·
Registered
361 Posts
So I would assume if you have a C of P from a couple years ago one cannot get all of the newer stuff that now comes with present C of P? It's to bad that we have to work with a dealer in lieu of Andy directly.

·
Wingless Wonder
1988 Esprit Turbo
5,849 Posts
Has anyone tried to email Andy Graham directly since this new policy came into effect?👀

·
Registered
691 Posts
Curious... Did you pursue this and, if so, through which dealer?
I did not. I already know what options came on my car. It doesn't really matter to me which # of that year mine is with those specific options... The boxed trinkets are just that, to me. The VIN gives all the documentation I need. Did Bahar have something to do with this???

·
Registered
21 Posts
I emailed him a couple weeks ago. His solution was for me to approach my country dealer (wearnes in singapore). When I was ignored by them, emailed Andy again and he this time directed me to thelotusforums online eshop for a purchase. Did just that and paid. Now waiting for response on shipping of the CofP.

Just sent a note to Andy about the C of P.
Stay tuned for more info back.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts