The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 206 Posts

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am solicting all lotus owners who may be interested in participating in a competitve time trial/ race series. I am invisioning a west coast series and a east coast series. The culmanation with a final event to be held somewhere in the midwest Road america possibly. The format would be similar to the ferrari challenge series.Points would be earned at each event to determine the final west coat and east coast grid. I have spoken to Aaron at speedventure.com and he would be interested in hosting the west coast series only after we determine the level of interest. We are organizing dates for 2008 at the best west coast tracks with the idea of bringing in sponsors and teams. If you are interested post on this forum so we can gage the interest. You can also pm. See you at the track!! Jim

·
Registered
9,786 Posts
Playing In The Rain

Or, Andy follows Randy (Pestodude)...

This was seriously fun...

<object width="665" height="510"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.webigent.com/movies/LCS_Pestodude_Rain.mov"> </param> <embed src="http://www.webigent.com/movies/LCS_Pestodude_Rain.mov" width="665" height="510"> </embed> </object>

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
scca school

If anyone is interested in attending the scca school please go to MotorsportReg.com : MotorsportReg.com > Online registration management tools for driving and social events and register. This will be the only time that the scca will allow us to attend their school without the roll cages in the car. The school is February 21-22 at streets of willow. There is a manadatory meeting on the 20th at 6 p.m.
If you are plannig on racing in the lcs races you will need a competition license. It can be skip,russell,scca,nasa,pca,poc etc but they must be current. Currently i have attending :
Jim
Robb
Glen
John S.
Mark G.
Kelly S.
Tom H. may attend
Norm L. " "

If i missed anyone please post here. Thanks, Jim

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Jim - I got an email from the organizer refering us to a website for additional registration information for ALL attendees. The link did not lead to anything. If you have a better link or the actual forms please send them to the attendees. I don't want to get there and find out something required was missed. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
OK - got an email from Ceci at CalClub and they fixed the site. Here's the info page all school attendeees need to read - I would say immediately since there's some leatime needed for the Novice Log Book. Go here:

http://www.calclub.com/html/html2/school_letter.pdf

·
Registered
688 Posts
You missed me. :sad: Pete K

If anyone is interested in attending the scca school please go to MotorsportReg.com : MotorsportReg.com > Online registration management tools for driving and social events and register. This will be the only time that the scca will allow us to attend their school without the roll cages in the car. The school is February 21-22 at streets of willow. There is a manadatory meeting on the 20th at 6 p.m.
If you are plannig on racing in the lcs races you will need a competition license. It can be skip,russell,scca,nasa,pca,poc etc but they must be current. Currently i have attending :
Jim
Robb
Glen
John S.
Mark G.
Kelly S.
Tom H. may attend
Norm L. " "

If i missed anyone please post here. Thanks, Jim

·
Registered
85 Posts
Featherlite 3110 - 18' Trailer For Sale - 22' Overall Length

In the spirit of Rob's post, I too, wanted to inform the LCS "Gang" of the following items available for purchase......

I have a 18 month old Featherlite 3110 flatbed trailer for sale. The trailer is in excellent condition, it comes with a winch. Brand new the trailer retails for $8000+. I am selling it for $4750.00. In addition, I have ramp extensions:

Raceramps - $500.00
Pit Products - $300.00

I will throw in 2 sets of tie-downs if you purchase the whole package.

Call Richard @ 310 994 0777 or [email protected]

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,551 Posts
oh man, if I had a place to store this trailer, I'd get it in a heartbeat!

·
Premium Member
4,551 Posts
**Regarding SCCA school on 21,22 .... I just spoke with Ceci.

3 Forms required on the CalClub website are:

1. Membership application to SCCA $75
2. Novice Permit App. $110
3. Physician's exam form

These forms are under home page click "road racing" top right corner, then "SCCA licensing" top right corner, then SCCA forms shows up - all 3 forms are there.

Mail all forms back to SCCA, but bring COPIES to registration on Friday.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
racing license

LCS participants,
I have recently called many of you to get an idea of how many having a racing license in hand. Although some of you indicated that you would not be doing the wheel to wheel racing i am going to encourage you to get your racing license. it is imperative that your on track progress is coupled with education. I feel very fortunate to be associated with good drivers such as yourselves but we need to all be on the same playing field.
I have recently contacted Craig Stanton and discussed education being incoporated into the series and i look forward to hearing his recommendations so i can pass them along to all of you.
Next weeknd is the scca school which we have about ten people attending . I am glad to see that even though some of the attendees have no intention in wheel to wheel racing they are getting the training to help themselves. If you are interested in attending the cut off is Monday and it requires applying for a novice license , medical exam and scca membership. This will be the only time you will be allowed to take the school without having your car fully raced ready. So let me know . registration is at MotorsportReg.com : MotorsportReg.com > Online registration management tools for driving and social events

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Just to clarify for everyone attending the school: Cal Club Forms CalClub - Licensing

1. You will be getting your SCCA Novice log book at the track so you don't need to pay the extra 125$ to get it from SCCA HQ in time (5 day leadtime to get it in the mail)

2. The medical form can be sent into your doctor if you had an exam recently and they can send it back to you. Bring that to the track. If it has any questionable health to report then SCCA Natl will have review it unless you get some sort of special dispensation. That's what I was told.

3. You have to have your SCCA Membership number BEFORE you get to the track so if you don't have it you need to fax in your form with a credit card number to SCCA HQ and get that number.

4. There will be tech inspection on Friday from noon to dark and this is the best time to tech your car. I'm not sure if many of our cars even qualify for SCCA but I think this is required for licensure. If your car isn't race ready then I'm not sure what the deal is with LCS and SCCA that would allow you to obtain licensure. Jim can answer to that I'm sure.

Forecast is for rain that weekend!! Wooohooo! This time I'm actually looking forward to it (but not the massive cleanup effort afterward). See you all there!

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm thinking about registering for my gf, is that ok?
Tim I would expect you to do the school. Do you have a competition license? The deal i made with the scca is for lcs members who want to get there license. The school is certainly not limited to our members so she certainly can attend as anyone else can. It would be great to have another female in lcs.

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Just to clarify for everyone attending the school:

1. You will be getting your SCCA Novice log book at the track so you don't need to pay the extra 125$ to get it from SCCA HQ in time (5 day leadtime to get it in the mail)

2. The medical form can be sent into your doctor if you had an exam recently and they can send it back to you. Bring that to the track. If it has any questionable health to report then SCCA Natl will have review it unless you get some sort of special dispensation. That's what I was told.

3. You have to have your SCCA Membership number BEFORE you get to the track so if you don't have it you need to fax in your form with a credit card number to SCCA HQ and get that number.

4. There will be tech inspection on Friday from noon to dark and this is the best time to tech your car. I'm not sure if many of our cars even qualify for SCCA but I think this is required for licensure. If your car isn't race ready then I'm not sure what the deal is with LCS and SCCA that would allow you to obtain licensure. Jim can answer to that I'm sure.

Forecast is for rain that weekend!! Wooohooo! This time I'm actually looking forward to it (but not the massive cleanup effort afterward). See you all there!
Thanks for the tips Glen. I have no idea how I'm going to get ready for the school as I penciled in the following weekend on my calendar. I won't be back until late Tuesday night, and am swamped with work the rest of next week... ugh... Guess I'll be wrenching through the night on Thursday night...

You have a link handy for the medical form on the SCCA website?

·
lotuschamp014
414 Posts
SCCA ALL LCS MEMBERS

I sure would like to attend
But rig will not be ready in time. Maybe next year
Stay safe
Cheers Victor

·
Premium Member
29,081 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Tim I would expect you to do the school. Do you have a competition license? The deal i made with the scca is for lcs members who want to get there license. The school is certainly not limited to our members so she certainly can attend as anyone else can. It would be great to have another female in lcs.
I did Skip Barber. Does that count? The problem is that we only have one Lotus.

1 - 20 of 206 Posts