The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The lotus challenge series is starting a series similar to the one we run on the west coast. We currently use a track organizer speedventures to handle our events. if you know of a good track organizer on the east coast feel free to let us know. We would like to run on the following tracks.
Watkins Glen,
VIR
Road Atlanta
Daytona
Sebring
Homestead
Of course if there are enough people to run other tracks we would consider them. We need approximately 25 people in each of the four regions to have a competitive series. The goal is to have a national meet sometime late 2009 with the winners of each region competing.
Check us out on www.lotuschallengeseries.com

·
Banned
7,592 Posts
Awesome news!
I will try to spread the word at the Mitty this weekend. Our Lotus Corral with parking for 30 cars is sold out.

Do you have any type of flyer you would like me to print out and display on my car or anything, or try to get stuffed into the goody bags?

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Any chance of bringing this down to our neck of the woods (Texas area?). We easily gathered ~20 Elise/Exiges from DFW/Austin/Houston/Louisianna areas for a non official Lotus event this upcoming weekend at MSR-Cresson.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Possibly interested for 2009, definitely interested for 2010 & beyond. I'll be keeping an eye out. If you can't run all the events, is it OK to show up at just a few? Sorry, I'm not entirely familiar with the format.

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
Yes you can run some, I am running in a few of them this year.

Possibly interested for 2009, definitely interested for 2010 & beyond. I'll be keeping an eye out. If you can't run all the events, is it OK to show up at just a few? Sorry, I'm not entirely familiar with the format.

·
Registered
186 Posts
NorthEast will garner some pretty good attendance. Limerock, Watkins, Pocono, Monticello, Thunderbolt, Beaverun, Summit....a good many tracks.
PerformanceDriversAssociation (partnered with NASANorthEast) would be a perfect organization, too.

Be good,
TomK

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
You go Jim! Get back to me about the fire suits (Sent you a PM last week).

·
Registered
591 Posts
Count ME IN HELL YEA !!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
172 Posts
LOTUS CHALLENGE EAST

Consider contacting Mark Hicks at Chin Motorsports. He is a great track event organizer.
I am interested in running the circuit in 2009.
Lucien Wilkins

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Updates

Thank you all for the different groups. i have been in contact with several and will start putting together a suedo schedule. I would like to run 6-8 events per region which means April -October for the colder states and 10 months in the south. Please start deciding if this is something you all want. I will be in contact with the lotus clubs , dealers and Lotus USA to garner support.

·
Registered
122 Posts
If your going to run in the mid-west you should definitely consider Mid Ohio, its one of the premier tracks in the region and centrally located for this region.

T

·
0 Posts
As I already race my Lotus Elise in NASA northeast region and the NASA Mid atlantic region I welcome the opportunity to participate in such a series.
YA HOOOOO!!! Feel free to consider me an event volunteer. jon in Delaware

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Lotus challenge series national program

Well its been a month since the last post. I am working with three track organizers to develop a schedule of events. As soon as i have a tentaive schedule i will post . I am also in contact wth the local clubs to help promote the series. This is the time to tell me if you are interested in participating. If you have any doubts about the events just view a few of the videos on the www.lotuschallengeseries.com site. I am sure they will change your mind.
Step 1-Apply for membership on the site
step 2-Read the rules and start setting up your cars.
step 3-Make sure you understand the safety requirements
Step 4- Be ready to compete
Thats it. See you at track

·
Registered
723 Posts
Well its been a month since the last post. I am working with three track organizers to develop a schedule of events. As soon as i have a tentaive schedule i will post . I am also in contact wth the local clubs to help promote the series. This is the time to tell me if you are interested in participating. If you have any doubts about the events just view a few of the videos on the Lotus Challenge Series - Auto Racing site. I am sure they will change your mind.
Step 1-Apply for membership on the site
step 2-Read the rules and start setting up your cars.
step 3-Make sure you understand the safety requirements
Step 4- Be ready to compete
Thats it. See you at track
I've got myself and a couple of customers interested.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Update

I have talked with chin motorsports and unfortunately they cannot organize our events because of insurance issues. I just hung up with PBOC motorspots and we are working on a plan to run the southeast series thru them. Next stop is the northeast were the track time is at a premium and few organizers can carve out a enough time to do the timetrial portion. I am attending log 28 and will bring with me the tentative schedule of events.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts