The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Banned
3,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So we started our Lotus Challenge Series roadtrip from San DIego to Los ANgeles to Vegas yesterday (thursday). I will update the thread with lots of pics, and things that were happening....

Me and JOHN started our ride together in our 5.6 L V8 (TORQUE), monster truck. We drove up to LA to pick up the car. John got some gorgeous Exige seats with Alcantara inserts. Here is us picking up the car and John checking his seats out:

We then put the car on the trailer and drove up with ALEX and THE STIG, and had a great time. :)

Car getting ready for Friday Track day:

THE OTHER MONSTER, belongs to FRANK...CLS 55 AMG, along with the Lotus cars in the garage:

THEN we decided to go to Lake Meade, as Frank invited us on his boat. We spent about 5 hours out there, with Charlie, Neil, Frank, etc, and had a wonderful time. Here are some pics:

THE PRO BOATERS..getting the vessel ready

Track day, WHAT?

THE STIG doing what he does best................NOTHING :D

FRANK speeding........

Gorgeous view and beautiful weather....had a great time....

Current time Friday March 7th, 7pm. ..Now on to dinner...and Debauchery......
More pics to come tomorrow/later tonight ;)

·
Registered
6,570 Posts
That's the good life...

Boating...driving a Lotus....boating....driving a Lotus....that's a tough call. Get to do both, that's living.

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
well damn. I should have come up earlier. I love lake mead. Oh well. See ya'll at the track tomorrow.

·
Banned
3,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Anyways...

I am posting them on my other site and remote linking them...Enjoy....there will be quite a bit of pics.....

Here are the ones that "disappeared" from the first post.

THE PRO BOATERS..getting the vessel ready

Track day, WHAT?

THE STIG doing what he does best................NOTHING rotfl:D

FRANK speeding........

Gorgeous view and beautiful weather....had a great time....

There was some comments about man boobs and such, I didn't understand it, so I was just snapping pics. Something about buckets and come or something....:no:

SUPERBALLERS....nuff said...

After we were done at the boat...we went home, showered, cleaned up, and went out to dinner at the RED at the WYNN, because someone didn't want to "slum it" and eat at a buffet;)

So here is our overpriced Pineapple dinner, with terrible service. At least the waiter was wearing a 15K watch, and was extremely grumpy

·
Banned
3,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
After dinner on Friday at the Wynn, we went out on the town. Charlie, being the worldly man he is, showed us some supercharged natural wonders of the world. We had a great time, and stayed out till about 5am. We had to head home, because the old man's hips and legs were hurting and going numbrotfl

*no pictures of above activity*

As a result of Friday night activities, everybody slept in on Sat (start of track day). We were supposed to be at the track day at 8am, but we reached there at 3pmrotfl:eek: OOPS! Frank decided to go home, we had a great time hanging out with him, and his generosity of taking us out on the boat was great. The CLS drove excellent and overall a good time. Back to the track.

Charlie got the car ready for the track, and here is the car and him getting ready to go to the track, when it was going to be driven by THE STIG

Once we got to the track, with the awesome track layout:eek: you had to wait forever till they let the doors open...

So we enjoyed the scenary..and took pics of REAL sports cars outside..spoke to the Viper Club President:crazyeyes and saw some drivers...waiting to get in

SRT 10 BEEYOTCh

Lastly, who needs RWD, when you can have AWD:p

to be continued..stay tuned ;) ;)

·
Registered
712 Posts
Looks like fun.

·
shay2nak
25,068 Posts
viper owners = mullets?

looks like Neil's getting a bit friendly with Charlie there. what happens in vegas stays in vegas, huh... rotfl

·
Registered
4,253 Posts
viper owners = mullets?

looks like Neil's getting a bit friendly with Charlie there. what happens in vegas stays in vegas, huh... rotfl
Yes, there was a "man boob" discussion going on there that will remain un-told*

*Unless you call this number 760-532-7499, I will be glad to share the story :D

Neil

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
If they were deleted because of that, this is the most lame Lotus site on the web!:eek:
I am-hoping you are joking, because I missed some. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Great pics, keep them coming. :D

·
Registered
9,297 Posts
Lastly, who needs RWD, when you can have AWD:p
I actually tried to get that plate for the Evo... but it's already issued to an STi.
:wallbang:

·
Banned
3,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Then once we were finally let on the track....only 7 hours later than we were supposed to be thererotfl

We met the infamous Patrick, you know the guy with the 211 and best friends with Patrick Dempsey:mw: Chatted with him for a while. Saw John and Alex again. Met some guy from Florida, forgot his name. Met Cory, and couple of other people. Great time. Since me and Charlie weren't driving on the track, we decided to walk around the track and check out the other rides.

Here are pics when we finally got in the track:

This is Neil and Patrick Dempsey's best friends chatting. Conversation went like this ..

THE STIG: 211 isn't that great of a car. The Atom is better.
PATRICK DEMPSEY'S BEST FRIEND: Whatever. 211 is made by God. I have a 211. 211. 211. 211. 211 fo life.211 211 211 211 211 211 211 211rotfl Then I tuned out, and took pics.

Here are some track cars waiting to get out:

The school/instructors cars:

·
Banned
3,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Me and Charlie then got bored, and was watching FIGHT CLUB in our trailer SUV, and having a great time.

Prior to that, we hung out with the Lotus peeps, and here are some pics of their "paddock," where we couldn't park, because a certain 211 owner said so:rolleyes: But someone with a Toyota truck *cough* was told the same thing, and rebelled and parked there anyways.

Oh well, me and Charlie didn't rebel, and we parked away from the "cool" Lotus people.

The track is right behind where the cars are parked

The wind was getting crazy. Charlie pointed out someone with the grey Exige S, left the rear lid up, and it looked like it was going to get ripped off:no:

People then were coming over to our truck and watching FIGHT CLUB with us. Here is the dood from FLorida (all the to the right) in the pic (sorry forgot your name dood), and there is THE WHITE STIG, and JOHN in his P.I.M.P. race suit:shift:

Here is Patrick Dempsey's best friend with the BROWN STIG, getting cozy, and the WHITE STIG on the side, bored to death...

No comment necessary:eek::crazyeyesrotfl

·
Registered
624 Posts
Wow what a sausage fest :). Looks like you guys had a great time. Keep the pics coming for people stuck in rainy places like myself.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts