The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
good question....something kinda open so your feet can breathe. whether it be a mesh type shoe or a lattice patterned styled side..

i can appreciate driving shoes, but kinda don't want to be that nurdy.
it's nice to be able t travel light as well, meaning one pair of summer shoes for a getaway weekend without having to pack a second pair of shoes to not drive and simply walk around.

good question.

·
Registered
331 Posts
I've got the same problem. My Sketchers are too wide for the pedals. If anyone comes across a pair that works well in the Elise, keep us posted!

·
Registered
182 Posts
I have been considering the Piloti Strasse -- low-cut heel, slip-on driving clog -- for the same purposes.

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
I'd never wear open shoes / sandals while driving...metal edges and flesh don't mix well.

·
Registered
2,202 Posts

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
I use havaianas, the brazil style they are small and compact, minimalist.
Havaianas Sandals | OFFICIAL SITE | World's Best Rubber Flip Flops

Since they are flip flops the bottom of the left one sometimes gets caught up on the carpet when using the clutch which is kind of annoying, but acceptable.
I can't wear my Havainas or any of my other flip flops (yes, I pretty much live in them in summer and have a billion pairs) for this very reason. It isn't that it is a minor annoyance, I think it is pretty dangerous so I keep a pair of driving moc's in my elise at all times and swap them out when I get out. You can ask Coi, it maybe annoys others because they have to wait every time I get in and out of my car. :p

·
Registered
999 Posts
I wear Teva's and they work fine. Not the best, but adequate.
+1 on the Teva's. The less expensive ones actually have the narrowest extra width beyond the feet, so it makes it easier. However, I wouldn't go with something without a heel strap. That would worry me about them slipping off during spirited driving.

·
Premium Member
6,933 Posts
My Chacos fit just fine, much narrower than my old Tevas. Also very stable for Heel toe daily manuveurs

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Since I don't need to pretend I'm racing every time I drive the car, I don't need to wear driving shoes every time I head out (are those fighting words? sorry). Sandals are great for warm weather and warm footwells. Fortunately I found a pair that works terrific:

The North Face Reventazo Sandals - Men's from REI.com

Although where you place your right heel will decide how well these work for you, the size 11 seems to be quite good for me (seldom brushing against the brake pedal, and only when my heel is out of position.) The size 12 should work too, though not as well. I didn't try any other sizes. I originally sought out these because they are the only sport sandals I could find for which the straps attach to the sole at the extreme edge (insinuating a narrow sole), most other sandals attached further inboard. Happy camper am I.

Attachments

·
Registered
907 Posts
take the flip flops and throw them on the passangers floor and drive bare foot. I live in Miami so most of my driving is done that way. Bitch to heel and toe, double clutch ok.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts