The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to go ahead and replace the stock wheels on my 07 exige with the cup car wheels. Does anybody know where I can purchase them from? and for how much? I can still keep the same tires right?

·
LotusRaceShop.com
537 Posts
I wanted to go ahead and replace the stock wheels on my 07 exige with the cup car wheels. Does anybody know where I can purchase them from? and for how much? I can still keep the same tires right?

You might want to call me before you order them from your local dealer. I can save you some money.
You can still use your tires. I stock most Elise/Exige tires if you need some. And can mount and balance them for you - Rob.

·
Registered
803 Posts
expensive...

I bought a set with the help of wallybyguy, pm him. They are expensive at around $3200. They are however the correct size, with seven inch wide fronts and eight rears with the exact offset needed. They are very light as well.

I mounted Toyo R888 tires and am amazed at how well the car handles. So far I have not noticed any rubbing beyond what the stock tires and wheels did.

Michael

·
Registered
83 Posts
I bought a set with the help of wallybyguy, pm him. They are expensive at around $3200. They are however the correct size, with seven inch wide fronts and eight rears with the exact offset needed. They are very light as well.

I mounted Toyo R888 tires and am amazed at how well the car handles. So far I have not noticed any rubbing beyond what the stock tires and wheels did.

Michael
What size are you running of the R888 on the cup wheels? 195/225?

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
What size are you running of the R888 on the cup wheels? 195/225?
Stock size tires fit the CUP wheels just fine, been running stock sizes on mine...

·
Registered
61 Posts
how long did you wait until you got the Lotus sports wheels? I'm waiting now 5 month for them to arrive at the dealer :evil:

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
how long did you wait until you got the Lotus sports wheels? I'm waiting now 5 month for them to arrive at the dealer :evil:
I waited about a week. They shipped them from Lotus USA... Im guessing if your 5 months they are probably out of stock.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I waited about a week. They shipped them from Lotus USA... Im guessing if your 5 months they are probably out of stock.
Meanwhile I got my Cup wheels. I made the experince that the AO48 fit much better the Cup rims (7.0" front, 8.0" rear) than the stock (european) Exige rims (6.5" front, 7.5" rear). Especially at the rear wheels the tires did not make use of the full width but did not have contact to the street at the outer edges (approx 2cm). Even with different tire pressures I've seen this.
After changing to the Cup wheels (same AO48 tires) this changed and this is also very obvious regarding car handling in curves.
In fast driven curves the car always tended to oversteer very early, this is completely gone now.
I have no idea if the US Exige lightwheel rims are showing the same but would be interesting to check. I've seen this after driving into my garage where's some dust on the surface (picture). The dust then covered the tire where it had contact to the ground.

·
Registered
466 Posts
I'm going to stick on-topic and ask the key dimensions of the Cup Car wheels.

Front - 16 x 7.0J | PCD - 4 x - ? | Offset - ?
Rear - 17 x 8.0J | PCD - 4 x - ? | Offset - ?

·
Premium Member
4,677 Posts
I'm going to stick on-topic and ask the key dimensions of the Cup Car wheels.

Front - 16 x 7.0J | PCD - 4 x - ? | Offset - ?
Rear - 17 x 8.0J | PCD - 4 x - ? | Offset - ?
Offsets:

Front...et 31mm
Rear... et 38mm

·
Registered
466 Posts
Thank you Jack! You're a champion!

Front - 16 x 7.0J | PCD - 4 x - ? | Offset - +31mm
Rear - 17 x 8.0J | PCD - 4 x - ? | Offset - +38mm

Anyone know what the PCD is?

·
Registered