The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone tell me the story behind the apparent demise of the Lotus Cup series in the U.S? I can find nothing since 2019 so assume it is dead. What was the issue - withdrawal of sponsorship, scarcity of parts, lack of interest, all of the above? No rumors of its return?

·
Registered
166 Posts
From what I understand it is mostly due to not enough participants / cars. Our cars are fragile and body repairs can get expensive (compared to say a Miata)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Can someone tell me the story behind the apparent demise of the Lotus Cup series in the U.S? I can find nothing since 2019 so assume it is dead. What was the issue - withdrawal of sponsorship, scarcity of parts, lack of interest, all of the above? No rumors of its return?
Maybe it will be revived with the Emira?!

·
Registered
5,336 Posts
If I'm not mistaken, the guy that ran that went to jail for fraud? It was a big deal at the time, surprised no one remembers it. I could have the details wrong, but it certainly had to do with legal trouble.

·
Registered
5,394 Posts
There was an East coast Cup Series and a West coast Cup Series. They were run by separate entities.

Is this thread about both series or one?

Suggest searching "Lotus Cup" on LTalk. There were many posts made about events and circumstances regarding both series.

Cheers,
Kiyoshi

1 - 5 of 5 Posts