The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Event Info:

Lotus Cup USA heads back East to host a Time Attack and HPDE event at New Jersey Motorsports Park on May 24th with Sports & Specialties. This event features multiple run groups based on skill level and an official Lotus Cup USA Time Attack competition to end the day! The Time Attack competition allows Lotus enthusiasts to compete within four classes - 2-11, Cup, Production and Open - for class wins and the East Coast championship. We will driving on the Lightning course. Please join us as we continue to build Lotus motorsports events in the East for the future. Drivers of all skill levels are welcome with any Lotus vehicle.

Groups:

- Novice
- Intermediate
- Advanced

Schedule:

4x 25-min sessions + Time Attack competition

Pricing:

Early Bird Rate = $300, after May 1st = $350. Sign up early and save!<p>

Lotus Cup USA events are first class! Your entry includes our Lotus VIP Hospitality Center with catered lunch, snacks and beverages. Guest passes can be purchased for $25.<p>

TO REGISTER, CLICK HERE

Track information:

8000 Dividing Creek Rd.<br>
Millville, NJ 08332<p>

Questions?

Contact [email protected]

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
See you there! Cameras will be rolling ;-)

·
Premium Member
130 Posts
millville track event

hi-waiting for a new engine to be delivered from Lotus with new oil lines,fittings & oil cooler to be replaced as we speak & all work done at Sports & Specialty in Hopewell, NJ - but not sure if work will be completed by 5/24 - I am a novice & never been on a track before & car will remain stock with no upgrades - 05 Elise - enjoy driving "spiritedly" but would like to drive with a little more "pedal" - & also don't know what the break in requirements will be on a new engine - owned car for 1yr & have driven it about 9k mi as a everyday driver depending on weather- any opinions on my case thanks

·
Registered
131 Posts
We break in new engines at the track all the time, probably better than the street. Our Novice group will have great instruction to get you ready for the track. Hope to see you there!
^^^^^^^^^
What he said...

MIDLIFECRISES, you must come out. It is a great event with great people and the perfect platform for getting familiar with track driving. Very low pressure environment and excellent instruction.

You will not regret it.

·
Premium Member
130 Posts
thanks everyone - hope to have car before date - funny to say but having withdrawals not driving car right now - & I have a boxster which aint a bad car but feels too cushy compared to elise -I know u-all must think I'm rediculous

·
Registered
446 Posts
Early Bird registration ends today. Just registered.

Looking forward to driving the car again - I haven't seen it since last October's Cup race. Have been busy racing other stuff :evil: ... I should probably post some stories somewhere about that.

·
Premium Member
130 Posts
may not hav car by 24th -the engine coming from england -and also informed that if not gone thru breakin period, roughly 500-1000mi [a guess ] & keeping revs to under 5k & bringing back for a oil change with the recomended driven miles after installation, Lotus will void their warranty they will be giving me - but if I have the car back by then I will go to event to check it out

·
Registered
108 Posts
I want to attend this so badly... I should just pay the $350 so I 'force' myself to buy an Elise in the next 3 weeks! lol Hopefully things will pan out with one of the cars I'm looking at in the next few days and I'll defintely see you guys out there.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Looking forward to running Lightning for the first time. I'm interested in how it compares to Thunderbolt as a Lotus track. Took a ride over there & watched Bertil Roos run the FF's around last weekend. Does anyone have rosters posted online? Be nice to see the sizes of the run groups.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Robbie,

Are you getting my emails?

[email protected]

I sent one about making sure you have us down for three drivers.

Jerry Raffa
Kevin Hines
Mike Romano
I did, sorry was out at Infineon for our last event. I will re-read it and respond now.

·
Registered
255 Posts
I'll be there, a novice - first time at the track. Bringing my Evora

1 - 20 of 28 Posts