1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

ROUND 2 | CHUCKWALLA VALLEY RACEWAY
DESERT CENTER, CA | APRIL 5TH & 6TH

EVENT INFO

Round 2 of Lotus Cup USA action is back at Chuckwalla Valley Raceway with Redline Time Attack. Drivers take on the desert cirucit to earn points toward the 2014 Western Championship. This event features our popular wheel-to-wheel race group, with two sprint races, as well as our Time Attack competition for those looking to make the first jump into racing. Join us for an exciting weekend at Chuckwalla Valley Raceway!

Lotus Cup USA is the factory-backed, motorsports venue for Lotus enthusiasts across North America. The West Coast race series features the top Lotus drivers in the country, competing in a variety of modern Lotus racecars - Elise, Exige, 2-Eleven, and Evora. The series offers drivers a true developmental series with professional coaching, technical support, and more.

REGISTER HERE: https://www.motorsportreg.com/events/lotus-cup-usa-chuckwalla-valley-raceway-543371#.Ux0BR_SwK68

Groups
Race or Time Attack

Schedule
SAT = Practice Sessions, Qualifying, Race*
SUN = Practice Sessions, Time Attack, Race*

Spec Tire
All RACE group drivers are required to compete on the Yokohama Tire Advan A005 Racing Slick (S01 or S04 compound per class). All tires must be purchased through Trackside Performance (your team/shop can purchase tires for you through Trackside. They must provide a drivers name when ordering). Please contact Troy or the Trackside Performance sales team at 949-589-5394.

Fuel
Available at the track

Accommodations
Tired of driving an hour to/from the track? Rent an RV and stay at the track! Class A Motorhome Rentals is our preferred vendor with clean, nice motorhomes that can be delivered straight to the track. For more info, visit http://www.classamotorhomerentals.net/. Contact Ed [email protected] and mention Lotus Cup USA when reserving your RV.

Annual Membership
Don't forget, add your Lotus Cup USA Annual Membership on the Registration Page! ALL PARTICIPANTS must hold a valid Lotus Cup USA annual membership. The membership fee is due at the beginning of the year and is valid for one racing season. New participants are allowed up to two (2) events before becoming a member.

TRACK INFO
25300 Rice Rd
Desert Center, CA 92239
Chuckwalla Valley Raceway | SoCal's Premier Race Track for Cars & Motorcycles

Questions? Contact [email protected]

For more infomation, visit HugeDomains.com - LotusCupUsa.com is for Sale (Lotus Cup Usa).

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Tentative Entry List:

1. Tom MacMillan (Evora, SuperSport)
2. Dave MacMillan (Evora GT4, Trophy)
3. Frank Cusack (Exige, Trophy)
4. Greg Nitzkowski (2-11 GT4, Trophy)
5. Larry Schnur (Exige, SuperSport)
6. Scott Gibson (2-11, SuperSport)
7. Roy Sakioka (Exige, Cup)
8. Jeff Elghanayan (Elise, Production)
9. Nicolai Elghanayan (Exige V6, Trophy)
10. Robb Bonanno (Elise, Production)
11. Gary Bone (Elise, Production)
12. Michael Reynolds (Elise, Production)
13. Mike Dean (Elise, Production)
14. Cam Lancaster (Elise, Production)
15. Kelley Spielberg (Exige, Cup)
16. Derek Wang (Exige, SuperSport)
17. Mike Bryant (Exige, Cup)
18. Greg Linderer (Elise, Production)
19. Andy Kern (2-11, Trophy)
20. Ross Jaffe (Elise, Production)
21. Rob Dietsch (Exige, Cup)

·
Premium Member
3,007 Posts
Nice save Andy. Lol. Were the low ambient temperatures to blame for that? Were you having difficulty getting heat into the tires?
Have you done any modifications to the engine? It always sounds seriously strong.

BTW, I recently referred a Novice driver to one of your previously posted videos in the other track thread. He was spinning at Laguna Seca and was looking for advice. I wanted him to watch someone with smooth inputs and plenty of dash data. ?
Could you ask the other LotusCup drivers to post their videos in the "post your track videos here" thread?
This Novice driver looking for advice from seasoned track guys is the exact reason I started that thread. ?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
9,786 Posts
Nice save Andy. Lol. Were the low ambient temperatures to blame for that? Were you having difficulty getting heat into the tires?
Have you done any modifications to the engine? It always sounds seriously strong.

BTW, I recently referred a Novice driver to one of your previously posted videos in the other track thread. He was spinning at Laguna Seca and was looking for advice. I wanted him to watch someone with smooth inputs and plenty of dash data. ?
Could you ask the other LotusCup drivers to post their videos in the "post your track videos here" thread?
This Novice driver looking for advice from seasoned track guys is the exact reason I started that thread. ?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
IIRC, we were the first session on track early in the morning. Chuckwalla Valley Raceway is out in the middle of nowhere... and overnight the track usually gets coated with a layer of sand by the wind. So it was a tradeoff between low ambient temps (great for the supercharged 2ZZ) and the potentially dirty, cold track surface. T9 is particularly tough because it's downhill, off camber, and accumulates sand.

FWIW, I'm told that lap was the fastest of the day, including all the NASA entries.

Sure, I'll encourage the others to post their videos too.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Tentative Entry List:

20. Rob Dietsch (Exige, Cup)
21. Bob Belman (2-11, Trophy)

·
Premium Member
1,300 Posts
Tentative Entry List:

20. Rob Dietsch (Exige, Cup)
21. Bob Belman (2-11, Trophy)

I think Bob Belmans 2-11 might be in the wrong class. Should be supersport from my understanding of the rules as it was built within the old 2-11 rules.
Just saying, it's not competitive with trophy cars

·
Registered
433 Posts
^^ Thank you Robb, for the clarification.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts