The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)

Event Info:

Welcome to Round 3 of the Lotus Cup USA championship featuring the only Lotus' wheel-to-wheel race series in the USA. The series heads to Infineon Raceway in Sonoma, CA for our first visit to Northern California for the season. This event will feature our wheel-to-wheel race championship. If you're not ready for wheel-to-wheel racing, Lotus Cup USA has an exciting Time Attack competition that's great for all levels of drivers to get your feet wet in sanctioned competitions. We hope you can join us at this legendary race track in the beautiful Sonoma wine country.

Be sure to register early to take advantage of the early-bird rate. Save $100 by signing up before April 11th!

Groups | Time Attack or Race

VIP Hospitality | Take advantage of the Lotus VIP Hospitality Center all weekend and hang out with the drivers, sponsors, and Lotus staff. You receive catered lunch, beverages, and snacks each day in the exclusive VIP center. Passes can be purchased for $50/weekend

Official Hotel

Best Western PLUS, Novato Oaks Inn.
215 Alameda del Prado
Novato CA 94949
Marin County Best Western Novato Oaks Inn full service hotel

Please ask for the special Lotus Cup rate when your reserve your room!

Spec Tire | ALL race group drivers are required to compete on the Yokohama Tire Advan A005 Racing Slick (S01 or S04 compound). All tires must be purchased through Trackside Performance (your team/shop can purchase tires for you through Trackside. They must provide a drivers name when ordering).

Please contact Troy or the Trackside Performance sales team at 949-589-5394.

Spec Tire Price = 190/580R16 (F) = $280 per tire, 230/625R17 (R) = $330 per tire. Excludes tax and shipping.

TRACK INFO

29355 Arnold Drive
Sonoma, CA 94954
(707) 938-8448

Questions? Contact [email protected]

TO REGISTER, CLICK HERE

·
Premium Member
4,662 Posts
There is a Thursday test day through Speedventures though...
Actually, it's an abbreviated "test and tune" afternoon affair -- 1 run group, three 25-minute practice sessions commencing after 3 PM on Thursday. ;)

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
That means no clean laps I assume? Oops!

·
Premium Member
4,662 Posts
That means no clean laps I assume? Oops!
Glen,

Thursday's afternoon practice/test and tune session is currently set up as a 2 run group affair starting at 3 ~PM and administered by Speed Ventures. 1 run group will be exclusively Radicals and the other is open to all other sports cars -- I believe the number of cars will be limited to 25. Granted, you aren't going to set your fastest lap with that kind of traffic but it will give you a chance to get re-acquainted with the track and make sure "all systems" are up to snuff. ;)

·
Registered
222 Posts
Here's all you need to know about Infineon

Don't turn in too early to T2.

I'll be missing all of you, as I'll be in St. Kitts on vacation. I'd much rather be racing then relaxing, but such is life. Have a great race and see you at Laguna.

·
Registered
9,786 Posts
Race 1: Robb takes the pole by 0.009 seconds... which leads to 10 laps of close racing...

Time Trial: I put together my two best laps ever at Infineon and take the pole for Race 2

Race 2: Robb makes a great move from P4 to P2 by the second turn... I make a dumb mistake in T4 and drop to third, then have to chase Glen and eventually Robb to the finish...

·
Premium Member
4,662 Posts
Great vids, Andy and good job on that personal best. :clap:

Infineon was a lot of FUN .... what a great track. I want to go back. :)

Sunday was especially good (;)) and I'm sure that I can "safely" speak for everyone there when I extend a big THANK YOU to all the sponsors -- Lotus Cars USA, Yokohama Tires, Motul, Technocraft Composites, Dietsch Werks, Radium Engineering, Dynamic Racing Solutions, British Racing Group, Mulholland Motorsports, Newport European Motorcars, as well as Jim, Robbie and Brian for making this event a success. Hopefully, I haven't left off any sponsors. If so, I'm sure Robbie will chime in and correct my error.

More photos to come as well as some lap times/TT/Race results but for now, here are some podium/group shoots -- a lot of happy faces :coolnana: ....

Attachments

·
Registered
9,786 Posts
Jack, if you have it, I'd love to see the sheet with the lap times from Race 2...
:D

Here are mine... note the "TBL" means Theoretical Best Lap based on the best sector times from all the race laps. Also note that lap 5 included my adventure at T4...

Attachments

·
Registered
222 Posts
Race results please!

Sitting at the beach all day, watching the surf, and drinking daiquiris gets old pretty fast.

I need some race information.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks Jack for posting the pictures! And to all the drivers, friends and families who spent there weekend with us at Infineon Raceway. Lots of great racing throughout the entire field. I'm looking forward to Laguna Seca, I think we may see even more participants than Infineon :D

For an event recap, check out: Lotus Cup USA :: The Official Racing Series for Lotus Enthusiasts

Don't forget to sign-up for LAGUNA SECA (June 30/July 1) before May 30th to get the early-bird discount. The sooner the better please!

·
Premium Member
76 Posts
Here are mine... note the "TBL" means Theoretical Best Lap based on the best sector times from all the race laps. Also note that lap 5 included my adventure at T4...
Is that coming off a traqmate? If so, I'd love to see the data file. jesse -at- blueboxracing.com

I posted two videos here:
https://vimeo.com/42060359
https://vimeo.com/42060358

I've got a ton to learn about the performance limits of this car. Huge thanks to every one who I pestered with questions about car setup. :)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts