The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Some time sheets from the event (in order of presentation) .....

1) Everyone's Fastest Time of the Day -- Saturday **
2) Race #1 -- Saturday -- Results with times for each lap during Race 1
3) Time Trial/Quali for Race #2 -- Sunday
4) Race #2 -- Sunday -- Results with times for each lap during the Race 2

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
**Note: Car #747 (noted as Sandy Sanford) is Brent Bauman.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,738 Posts
Hey jack, do you happen to have First session sun times? I set my fastest lap at 2:01.9 during that session. I missed the second session but Jim said he uses best lap times from either session 1 or 2 - drivers meeting he had going out 4th for qual and you 5th, but actually sent you out 4th - had me confused??

·
Premium Member
4,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, I don't have that time sheet, but all the times should be up on SV's website soon, if not already.

Jim can get confused sometimes ;) -- they typically use best time of the weekend to set the pre-grid for the Time Trial.

Since Sunday's race quali is an actual TT where you get 2 HOT laps with no traffic (given the 7-8 second gap they use between the 5-6 cars in the group), they are a little less vigilant on the exact order -- more important to group the fastest 5-6 cars. Plus, there are some people that have a reputation of being sandbaggers. :D If it were simply a 20-car quali session format with all cars on track at the same time, then the order for release may be more crucial.

·
Premium Member
3,738 Posts
Thanks Jack, got some lap times from SV's web site - looks like Lotus was very well represented in some of the top times. Did we ever figure out if Robb's AMB time matched his data logger time? If so, then :bow:

here - may need to be registered to see so I'll post the screen shot (these are SV's Sunday Best Times):

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Jack, got some lap times from SV's web site - looks like Lotus was very well represented in some of the top times. Did we ever figure out if Robb's AMB time matched his data logger time? If so, then :bow:

here - may need to be registered to see so I'll post the screen shot (these are SV's Sunday Best Times):
We're all pretty sure Robb's time is wrong, although Robb never got back to us with what his timer or Smartycam indicated for lap times during that particular session. There was a similar glitch in a completely different (non-lotus) SV run group, where a driver's time was totally out of sync with all previous lap times.

Also, David M.'s time was done by his "professional" driving coach in the Evora GT4. ;)

·
Premium Member
3,738 Posts
It's a bummer the Evora GT4 didn't get to race with us, but I sure can sympathize with the R&D and testing time that one has to do to get these cars working well.

·
Premium Member
4,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's a bummer the Evora GT4 didn't get to race with us, but I sure can sympathize with the R&D and testing time that one has to do to get these cars working well.
For sure ... some teething pains getting the "paddle-shift" conversion for the sequential to operate properly on a consistent basis. VSA will sort out -- they are good.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts