The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey NW Lotus enthusiasts.... We are headed back to the Northwest with our friends at ProFormance Racing School to host an HPDE and Time Attack competition at Oregon Raceway Park on June 23rd.

Hope you all can join us!

Check out the official thread here: http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f342/lotus-cup-usa-hpde-time-attack-oregon-raceway-park-june-23rd-114317/#post1725449

Or to sign-up, please go here: https://www.motorsportreg.com/index.cfm/event/event.advert/uidEvent/DB6E2CAA-AF6B-E0A1-B5AA1D1BC33B2DDE

We'll see you at the track!

·
Registered
502 Posts
EDIT: got everything resolved, just signed up and I think another LT member is signing up too!

·
Registered
846 Posts
I'll be there Robbie, got your email, thanks!

Still lots of work to do, but I'll make it.

For any new folks, please come Saturday with Proformance as well as Sunday with the Cup guys, great coaches and perfect for getting the feel of the track if you've never been there before.

This is a great opertunity to be involved in a Lotus only event, there's not many of these in our neck of the woods, and this is a great track, perfect for a Lotus!

See you all there!
Mike

·
Registered
502 Posts
I wish I could come both days but can't take Friday off, I think ttime4four on LT also signed up for Saturday.

·
Registered
846 Posts

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Guys - We are days away from this event! If you haven't signed up yet, be sure to register with coupon code RADIUM for $100 off. You'll get the same deal as the earlybird pricing since we are low on enrollment.

Also, ProFormance has the track on Friday... If you want to make it two days up at ORP, be sure to sign up with them as well!

·
Registered
230 Posts
Hi Robbie,

What is the schedule look like?
  • Gates open
  • Check-in
  • Tech
  • Driver meeting
  • 1st session...
Thanks!

Guys - We are days away from this event! If you haven't signed up yet, be sure to register with coupon code RADIUM for $100 off. You'll get the same deal as the earlybird pricing since we are low on enrollment.

Also, ProFormance has the track on Friday... If you want to make it two days up at ORP, be sure to sign up with them as well!

·
Registered
502 Posts
Here is what the e-mail from Don at proformance said
Saturday Track Schedule: (Group 2 will be the LOTUS USA Time ATTACK)
7:00 AM Registration Open (Friday drivers only) no need to sign release forms if you drove Friday
8:00 Driver’s Meeting
8:30-9:00 AM Lead Follow Orientation for new drivers to Oregon Raceway Park
9:00-9:20 AM Group 1 rotating 20 minute sessions
9:20-9:40 AM Group 2 rotating 20 minute sessions
9:40-10:00 AM Group 3 rotating in 20 minute sessions
12:30 Lunch will be provided
Groups may be combined
End time 5 PM

So it sounds like us newbs to the track get a 30 minute lead follow, thats probably better training than the 5 Youtube videos i have been studying to figure out the track :shrug:

I show 2 hours and 14 minutes drive time from I-84 Troutdale so if anybody wants to caravan out, I think John and I will be meeting there or somewhere around 5:15 AM Saturday morning for our drive to the track. Send me a PM if you want to caravan with us.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Great Day out at ORP - thanks Robbie!

After the first sessions, the weather challenged everyone - 30+ mins of heavy torrential rain, hail, lightning, wind - the works. After it let up, the day was great. With help from the local Fire Department and a chill approach to the day. I think everyone had a blast.

We had a small group of cars take part of in the Time Attack and here's a video of three laps. I was pleased that I was able to post consistent 2:06 laps. When I get back out to ORP - that will be my benchmark for improvement.

:shift:

·
Registered
502 Posts
Here are a few of my videos from the weekend, i was pulling down 2:09 laps with my almost stock Elise and may have got into the 2:08 range at the end of the day but I didn't have a lap timer. These videos were from earlier in the day(before running out of gopro batteries while still learning the track)

I let Steve borrow my GoPro to get some video of me and so he could get some in cockpit video

1 - 19 of 19 Posts