The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,570 Posts
Good marketing. I hope it's effective.
I dunno. The history of Lotus buyers, with some exceptions, has been to wait until dealerships are desperate and then buy literally at firesale prices. Then of course upset that dealerships drop Lotus or otherwise treat it like an unwanted step child.

I'm thinking many 400 would-be buyers are expecting dealers to unload them in the $70's. Even at $99,999 it's still seen as $100K. Folks don't feel like they're getting a deal until it drops lower.

·
Premium Member
2,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Maybe the plus here is that the buyer can still get a good deal, and the impact to the dealer is lessened, as Lotus will be taking on some of the burden?

·
Premium Member
6,933 Posts
This is what they should have been doing all along. 2018's still command relative top dollar. That vehicle is also a special order. It is the older vehicles sitting on showroom floors that rightfully, should be sold at increasingly discounted rates. What amazes me is the stupidity of a dealer that has, say a 2011 that they never sold. Here is the twisted mentality. They paid 70K for it when they bought out another dealer's inventory and refuse to sell it at current market value because they will take a loss!!! Idiots deluxe mentality because the longer they hold on, the greater the depreciating loss becomes! Take the write off and move forward. Multiple people have offerred 50K cash and been turned down...Reason #1 why I will never do business with that dealership. Their business acumen is POOR.

·
Premium Member
2,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, that car is a special order, but if you look on the Victory Lotus site, for example, they are advertising the same incentives (cash plus maintenance), and all new cars now show a $12k price cut. Don't know if this is regional. I guess the left coasters could check their local dealers.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts