The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a phone message from Mark O'Shaughnessy of LCU last week. He confirmed that LCU has no relationship with Carolina Motorcars in Charlotte. He said that they are actively looking to put a dealership in the Carolinas, and that they may have an announcement in the next four or five months. He also stated that they are not going to be establishing a point of service only, but rather a full dealership.

·
Registered
179 Posts
That's good news! Any rumor on location? Charlotte would work well for me, as I somehow doubt Greenville, SC will ever have a chance! :D

·
Registered
364 Posts
That is great news. I know arandolph on this forum that works for Hendrick in Charlotte is trying to see if Mr. Hendrick has any interest in a Lotus dealership. That would make sense. I will be showing my car to Mr. Hendrick soon.

Are there any other Elise's in the Charlotte area???

·
Registered
364 Posts
Also, I have talked to Mike Snyder of PAS Automotive (formerly Carolina Motorcars - no longer) in Charlotte and they used to be a Lotus dealership but no affiliation any longer. They can do service but no warranty work. They can not even order parts. So if I wanted them to work on the car, I have to order the parts from a Lotus dealer such as LOA. I have already ordered parts from LOA and they are shipping them to me here in Charlotte. OBTW, talking with Mike about Lotus was very negative! I don't know the story if it was sour grapes or the shaft to him from Lotus.

I did get my North Carolina inspection sticker from them after I tagged the car. The mechanic Kurt was a very nice and knowledgable guy that took great care in my car. He even put the license plate on the car for me.

Let's hope and pray for a dealership closer than Atlanta, Jaxsonville or Maryland!!!:clap:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts