The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With Lotus bringing the Eletre SUV to market in early 2023, along with the Emira Sports car, which is their most main stream sports car offering ever - meaning higher volume sales, what are their plans to expand or at least improve their Dealer Network in the US?

At the moment their Dealer Network is tiny, with only 37 dealers in the entire United States. And many states have multiple Dealers, leaving vast areas unserved.

Does anyone have any info on Lotus plans for their Dealer Network in the United States?

Map World Yellow Font Atlas

·
Administrator
14,511 Posts
That's not totally up to date. Just offhand I don't see the new Lotus of DC

Reactions: brgelise

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's not totally up to date. Just offhand I don't see the new Lotus of DC
Good to know. I take that as an indication that Lotus may be adding Dealers in an effort to "Gear Up" for higher volume sales with the Eletre and Emira.

I was hoping to hear that Lotus was actively seeking to increase their Dealer Network. Even if they wanted just 30% of the dealers that say Porsche has in the US (~198), they need to not quite double their numbers......

·
Administrator
14,511 Posts
Good to know. I take that as an indication that Lotus may be adding Dealers in an effort to "Gear Up" for higher volume sales with the Eletre and Emira.

I was hoping to hear that Lotus was actively seeking to increase their Dealer Network. Even if they wanted just 30% of the dealers that say Porsche has in the US (~198), they need to not quite double their numbers......
I'm just happy it's not a 8 hr drive for a dealer like it was a couple of years ago. They also in addition to adding dealers need to focus on the dealers with poor service reviews and get them up to speed and making customers happy.
I've read complaints from some members on having to drive an hour to get a dealer and just chuckle. Reminds me of new neighbors from the city moving to the sticks and then complaining about local services power outages etc. That's why taxes are less because they do less.

·
Administrator
2005 Lotus Elise
2,828 Posts
At the moment their Dealer Network is tiny, with only 37 dealers in the entire United States. And many states have multiple Dealers, leaving vast areas unserved.
Where was this map from? Can you provide a link?

·
Registered
2005 Elise
291 Posts
When I read the title of this post I thought: "What dealer network?". Joking aside I hope they address this but they need the sales for people to want to carry the brand so it's a long term thing.

The closest dealer to me is almost 3 hours away so it's not something I can go to very often.

·
Administrator
14,511 Posts

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
When I read the title of this post I thought: "What dealer network?". Joking aside I hope they address this but they need the sales for people to want to carry the brand so it's a long term thing...............
I agree. It's the "Chicken or the Egg" issue. They need the volume sales first to prompt more Auto Dealers to invest in carrying the Lotus Brand.

·
Premium Member
9,688 Posts
But too much volume makes them a dime a dozen like Porsche.....

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Don't think we need to worry too much about that happening anytime..... Porsche sells about 70,000 cars in the US alone every year. I imagine that Lotus would be ecstatic if they sold 4000 cars/year in the US.

I agree that there is a balance between sales volume to support a good Dealer Network for good Brand Service, yet not too much so it looses it's unique and exclusive factor.

:)

·
Administrator
2005 Lotus Elise
2,828 Posts
Emira will never be common at the current production rate :ROFLMAO: :LOL: ;)

·
Premium Member
9,688 Posts
I have been one of the wiser automotive enthusiasts for the better part of 20rs now..28yrs if my RX7 gets included. I have taken the less common paths in search of superior experiences. LOTUS will always deliver on this front.

Reactions: Bubs and 981KMAN

·
Registered
3,548 Posts
Looking at that map, I am quite fortunate that in 2021 when my Elise broke down I was only about 45 minutes away from a dealer. It was the dealer in Jacksonville FL.

·
Supporting Vendor
4,688 Posts
The good outcome of volume are products like GT3RS, GT4RS and GT3Tourings, etc. The high volume provides the $ to create the niche product. I'm hoping Lotus will take a page from Porsche's playbook.

The Dealer network is going to be a challenge. Any one of the experienced Dealers who have worked with Lotus in the past will be gun-shy. They will have to offer some serious incentives to get new Dealers to sign up. Great product alone won't do the trick in my mind. A clear investment in product promotion/marketing campaign, here in the US, coupled with vehicles that can make Dealers money will be key...

Lotus will need to get creative AND invest. Who remembers Hyundai's 10yr or 100k Warranty? It was the only way they could convince people to buy their inferior cars - even with low prices. That must of cost Hyundai a huge amount of $!

I've got my fingers crossed that they get it right...

·
Registered
2017 Evora 400
916 Posts
New dealer in the Philly area? Are they open as of today? I’ve had to travel to Victory Lotus in NJ about an hour away… if there’s one open closer, I haven’t heard about it
Open beginning of 2023. There is also Zeigler Exotic Car in Phoenixville if you want non-factory Lotus support. Frank was factory trained on Esprits but has the modern diagnostic tools.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts