The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to purchase my first Elise within 3-4 months! Very exciting time for me. I've so far preferred to check the for sale threads on enthusiast boards like this one, but I'm not limiting myself. Are there any dealers with a good rep in the North Texas area? I am having so much trouble finding anything.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Overseas Motors sells Lotus

that said, I have had nothing but bad experiences there for sales and service

because of that we bought our car in Austin and for service that isn't routine or I don't want to do go to Performance Speed Tech in Cresson, or British Auto in Fort Worth

you might as well see for yourself - certaintly closer

·
Registered
270 Posts
come see Kass

at Overseas... You can ask around here about him, he has a solid rep and does people right. I don't think you will have any problems dealing with him.. We just got this S/C Elise in Wed. and it is a VERY nice ride.. Also got a Black on Black Exige S in as well. I think we have 5 or 6 cars in stock now (I may be wrong on that though). I should have the rest of the pics I took today of this one and the black one ready for them to put up on the website by this weekend...

Jason

·
Registered
331 Posts
Contact Tim Earl at Star Motor Cars in Houston. Tim's a very knowledgeable and jovial Brit who just talks cars and does not pressure you to buy. He has a large inventory and is always willing to let you drive a demo. You will find dealing with Tim a very pleasureable and rewarding experience.

·
Registered
475 Posts
We will be up and running in about a week or so here in Austin. I already have the incoming inventory list. Let me know if you are interested in seeing what we have coming. It's going to be great to have an Austin dealer again!!

·
Registered
2008 Lotus Exige-S 240
1,445 Posts
I am hearing rumors that the two Lotus techs have left/are leaving Overseas. Can someone confirm? If true, does that mean Overseas has ZERO Lotus techs at this time? Will they replace them? Will they continue to sell Lotus? I assume they will since they just had an Evora there to view?

·
Registered
270 Posts
I am currently working 3 days a week in July, and will be down to 2 days a week after school starts in August. It is imperative that you call and make an appointment if you want to bring your car in to schedule it for a day when I am here.

As far a replacing Chad, Overseas has a job ad out, and I assume I will be training whoever they hire to work on Lotus, but as of now, there are no irons in the fire that I know of. Heck they may be getting an already trained tech and firing me for all I know, but its not really a big deal, I went part time with the intention of quitting if part time couldn't be accomodated anyway. The fact I am still here is more about no one leaving anyone hanging/in a bind than neccessity anyway ( mutually between myself and Overseas), because going back to college full time and finishing my degree trumps everything else right now.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Appreciate the update, jtj. Thanks. I'll be calling later today to set up an appt.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Star Motor Cars, Houston.
Call Tim Earl. Excellent selection and no B.S. required to make a purchase.

Al
:up:

I'll second that... Tim is your man :) Zero pressure salesman, knows his stuff, and terribly friendly. Star also always has the largest selection (and allocation from Lotus) of cars in the U.S. I believe (correct me if I'm wrong?)... I think they are slotted for 20-22 Evoras :eek:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts