The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I received my final notice for my personalized plates from the DMV. If they are not assigned to a car in 30 days, I lose them. Of course, I have no Elise to stick them on and only a handful of inaccurate estimates as to when I might.

Has anyone had any luck getting an extension from the DMV on plate assignment?

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
I received the same notice today. I need to pick mine up and assign them to the car.

What plate did you get?

Sorry, I don't have an answer for your question.

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
DBL DASH

We've been saying the car looks Nintendo since we first set eyes on it, so this seemed fitting.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Even if it expires, I doubt your choice is in danger of being taken by someone else. It's cute, but I think it's obscure enough that no one is going to grab it.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I just assigned mine to the car my girlfriend drives. She feels a little wierd driving a subaru with a DR MEAT tag on the back of it, but its only temporary.

·
Registered
347 Posts
I thought it was as simple as applying for a retention for the plates (which are done in 1 year increments). I saw nothing on the form that implied that it would be limited to 1 year (DMV Form box 4 retain interest) and couldn't be extended after that. When my reg expired I used this form to retain the plates for an additional year.

Larry

·
Registered
3,204 Posts
I called the DMV last week about this very thing. The nice lady there said "oh honey we got plates that been up in there for years so don't fret none about it. When you get your plates just come see me.":p :p :p

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for posting that form, Larry. It looks like just the thing.

That said, I've never seen the DMV do anything hasty, so I don't expect they'll make good on the threat to return the plates unless there's a fee in it somewhere.

But I'll keep an eye on eBay. :)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Ask your DMV office to mail them to another DMV office. I had mine mailed from the Los Gatos office to the Santa Clara office. It reset the clock. Hopefully, I'll get my car before the Santa Clara office tells me to pick them up.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Ground Loop said:
DBL DASH

We've been saying the car looks Nintendo since we first set eyes on it, so this seemed fitting.
Sweet I'll go apply for that. Let me know when its free.:p

j/k I like the name though.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts