The Lotus Cars Community banner
  • Hi there! Why not register as a user to enjoy all of the benefits of the site? You may register here. When you register, please pick a username that is non-commercial. If you use a name that appears on any search engine commercially, you must pick another name, whether it applies to you or not. Commercial usernames are for supporting vendor use only. If you want to become a supporting vendor and grow your business, please follow this link. Thanks!

Lotus Eagle on Jalopnik

24K views 90 replies 39 participants last post by  carbuff 
#1 ·
#9 ·
Looks like an Aztec, I'm not buying one!!! :panic:

I don't understand this fascination of publishing spy photos of cars that are completely camouflaged or of test mules that have some old body shell on them (but it's under there, really!), they show absolutely nothing.
Waste of time :shrug:

#17 ·
Other than the fun of knowing there is a future vehicle underneath the camo or old body shell, there really is no point.

Hey at least its not Nasioc, over there every time a car appears as a test mule people feel the need to comment about its looks.

They even commented on the Esprit mule, saying it looked too much like the old Esprit, rotfl

#13 · (Edited)
Pugg, you're my hero. Steal my thunder any day of the week. When we get this kind of information we try and share it with the appropriate forums, since that's where those particular car geeks are, but sometimes people don't like us showing up randomly in their threads and dropping links. When I saw it went up slightly before mine it made my morning.

I'm at Associate Editor over at Jalopnik.com. If anything cool shows up in your forums feel free to drop me an email: it's just matt at our site name (we'll of course give you credit/linkback). I'd also point out that our Jalopnik Fantasy Gargage (http://jalopnik.com/tag/jalopnik-fantasy-garage/) is going to be putting a Lotus up for a vote today. I'll link back when it goes live.

#14 ·
Vote For Lotus 11 In Jalopnik Fantasy Garage

For this not familiar with the Jalopnik Fantasy Garage, every week we vote in/out vehicles to make our ultimate 50-car garage collection. Price be damned. This week the Lotus Eleven is up for one of the coveted slots:
Though there was much gnashing of teeth over the Land Rover Defender last week, the British stalwart marched triumphant into the Jalopnik Fantasy Garage, with a convincing 82.8%. We now have 43 slots down and a mere seven left to fill. Things are beginning to get tight, so let's move on to something better able to fit in uncomfortable spaces. With a wind-sculpted shape and dominating track record, purity of concept and unwavering devotion to engineering, this week's long-awaited entry proves that might does not always make right. Indeed, sometimes the victor is he who carries the lightest burden.

The Lotus Eleven is a special kind of racing automobile, just as Lotus and its founding father are unique icons. Anthony Colin Bruce Chapman was an early visionary in the racing world; he developed a series of design philosophies particularly adaptable to the sport. Chapman is famous for his notion of "adding lightness" as a primary means of improving performance. But he also developed a means by which each of a vehicle's parts could serve two or more functions--with no more mass than absolutely necessary to do the job. Lotus cars were designed not with just with passion, but with hard, applied science.
The rest is here:
http://jalopnik.com/360695/lotus-eleven

#22 ·
Lot of Elise cues. Had that tiny little exhaust.rotfl Interesting...

#30 · (Edited)
Jalopnik is the onlyother automotive site I visit daily!
Welcome aboard Matt! Thanks for keeping us up to date on all our favorite vehicles.

Those shots are intriguing!
looks like a stuffed Elise to me :D
(especially the rear single exhaust.)

#31 ·
You know, if Lotus plans on giving this car a name, they should do it soon. Or else, "Eagle" will end up sticking with the car. Or maybe they want to see if we get use to it. ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.